“Bloody Mary”

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is a great place for a bloody mary when stopping downtown. It's located right in the thick of things. The drink comes with meat and cheese and olives and celery. You can't go wrong with their food, either. My wife had a rib-eye sandwich with fries and I had a burger with onion rings. The day we were there, it was hopping but the service was quick and the food was very good. You can sit inside the restaurant at booths or a counter. They also have table set up outside in the atrium/lobby (but still indoors). It's in a 1920s building with beautiful marble and brass. Nice place for some pics. It's located inside, off of Washington st on the first floor- a couple of blocks from the river, mag mile, millennium park, and the art institute. No free parking in area.

1  Thank roadtripperAmerica

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We happened to stumble across this restaurant whilst looking for some food on a recent stay in the second city. It looked clean and exactly what we were after for a quick breakfast before collecting our packages for the Chicago 1/2 marathon.
To start witht he server was polite, bought us coffee and our omletes (both of which were good, but not great- Probably 3/5 standard) the food was cheap(ish)- $25 for 2 omlettes and 2 lots of coffee, which IMO for downtown Chicago isnt bad.
So we ask for the bill and then get a mouthful off the obnoxious middle aged server as we hadnt tipped enough. We had left $5 on a $25 bill. Which from memory is 20% tip, and from pst and this trip to Chi-town tends to be sufficient amounts to leave. As we left the buildign we heard her mention several expletives in our direction. I wouldnt recommend this place and will NOT return.

1  Thank NickSFCB
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wanted to go out to breakfast when we were in Chicago for the 4th. We almost wound up at another place because we couldn't find Pittsfield Cafe. It's inside the Pittsfield Building! It wasn't too busy, the food is plentiful and good, service was great. They seem to have a lot of regulars who order things in a very detailed way which I found amusing. But no one sent any food back while we were there so I think they got it right. :) Anyway, it's worth the search. It's fast, reasonably priced and good service.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our diamond in the rough while visiting Chicago.

I went with my 2 tween kiddos, as we were trying hard to avoid the 'touristy' aspect of Chicago. We found it here. Great traditional style breakfast, great service and great prices. My son loved sitting at the diner-style counter, but the atrium seating looked really nice too, and had a more quiet ambience.

As said, it was difficult to find - hidden in an office building with no street signage - I had to call them, because the locals I asked didn't know about it. We were impressed by the beauty of the office building entrance - nice architectural features. If you are visiting, it's next to Millenium Park and across the street from the Chicago Cultural Center, so was a great start to a day of strolling through some of Chicago's lovely FREE visiting experiences.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Outside atrium is beautiful, with an amazing cafe atmosphere. The inside is more diner style with great food and great service.