“Chicago Food Planet Food Tour: Wicker Park/Bucktown”

Chicago Food Planet
Small-Group Chicago Food Tour: Wicker Park and Bucktown
Ranked #2 of 61 Food & Drink in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rated 'Best Chicago Tour' by Lonely Planet and featured on The Today Show (NBC), USA Today and Bon Appetit, Chicago Food Planet Food Tours & Experiences offer delicious 2 & 3-hour neighborhood food experiences focused exclusively in Chicago's historic and off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods near downtown including River North, Streeterville, Gold Coast, Chinatown, Bucktown, Old Town and Wicker Park. Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels, each walking food experience provides a non-touristy, local perspective so you feel like a native Chicagoan. These guided Food Tours & Experiences include mouth-watering food samples, enough for a large lunch or dinner, from unique specialty food stores, local restaurants and ethnic eateries while providing a detailed insiders view of Chicago's most famous communities- their rich histories, treasured architecture, dazzling entertainment offerings and restaurant recommendations. Tours run 7 days a week between March and November and Thursday-Sunday during winter months (November to March). The earliest tour departure leaves at 11am and depending on the experience, will last between 2-3 hours. Tickets start at $35 adult for youth tickets and $42 for adult tickets. Please note, Chicago Food Planet can accommodate vegetarians and alcohol-free dietary restrictions if possible at tasting locations, but cannot accommodate other allergies or restrictions. The 3-1-Chew (Bucktown/Wicker Park) food experience is the only experience that can accommodate gluten-free.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 1, 2012

If you are interested in learning about the history and architecture of Chicago as well
as sampling a schmorgesborg of delightful munchies and libations of this neighborhood,
this is a tour for you! Our family group had a blast!

marshall levine

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was an excellent tour. It was informative and delicious. Our guide Lisa did a great job of explaining how each restaurant fit into the culture of the area, and the story of Chicago. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting Chicago and I will be sure to try the other tours on my next visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Sorry, I cannot remember the name of the fantastic tour guide we had! This was the most amazing tour, very informative in every way. Guide had a fabulous knowledge of food and architecture. I will definitely be recommending that our friends, who are visiting Chicago in July, come on this tour. Thank you for a fantastic day. PS Dont eat too much before you do this tour as we were unable to finish the food which we sampled, all of which was of great quality.

1  Thank Carol T
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I went on the Wicker Park Bucktown food tour and had a blast! The food was delicious and our tour guide Lisa was spectacular! Not only did she take us around the restaurants she took the time to sow us around the neighboorhood and gave us an architectural and historical tour of the area! The tour took about three hours and was amazing! I would definitely do it again! Fun way to spend the afternoon :)

1  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This is among the best tours I have been on. I believe my tour guide was called Jess. She was lovely and very knowledgeable. She works close to food and it showed. Her knowledge of Chicago was fantastic and as no one was in a rush she took us on a slightly longer tour an showed us more of the sights. If I had more time in Chicago I would have done more of their tours: they know their stuff.

2  Thank aussie-matthew

Been to Chicago Food Planet? Share your experiences!