“Great crepes!!”
Review of Crepe Bistro

Crepe Bistro
Ranked #1,323 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: French, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Chicago, Illinois
“Great crepes!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a little hole in the wall restaurant on Wells under the L. For being in the heart of Chicago the prices are excellent! It serves dinner and dessert crepes and as others have said they have paninis and salads and it definitely has a Russian flare going on. It has a long list of martinis that are only $5. It is located right in the theatre district, so it's a good place to go before a show. They do a busy lunch business as well.

• Visited August 2013

Miami Beach, Florida
“A bit of Russia with a twist”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I popped in because of the rain. I stayed because it was non-threatening. The ratatouille crepe was satisfying but the fries weren't so great. Easy on the wallet and comfortable for one to dine on the go.

Visited July 2013
Waukegan, Illinois
“A Hidden gem with Killer $5.00 Martinis”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place looks unassuming from the street, but inside the atmosphere is all France (including the mens' room in the basement). The food is a mixture of Russian and French.. They're mainly a crepe restaurant, but also have paninis and alads. We recently has both the Coq au Vin and Poluet Provencial crepes and they were fantastic. The servings are huge. If you still have room for dessert try the Chocolate Dream crepe! Wine and beer are available. What's really killer here though are the $5.00 martinis. Very strong, and such a deal. Good service. The location is a bit ff the beaten track for tourists, but but worth the discovery. One note, you probably don't want to sit outside the you'll be beneath the very loud EL tracks.

• Visited June 2013
SE Michigan
“Tasty crepes”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This name of this place grabbed our attention while we were on the Art Deco tour with the Chicago Architecture Foundation. We found our way back after completing the tour, and were quite pleased with our lunches. They seem to have some kind of Russian connection (based on the menu), but I didn't try that so can't comment on it. I was going to order the Khachapuri Crêpe (blend of feta, jack and cheddar cheeses with tomatoes) until I saw that one of the specials had roasted red peppers and goat cheese. I'm a sucker for roasted red peppers, so I ordered that and it was absolutely delicious. One of my friends did order the Khachapuri and liked it. Another got the Kathmandu - she ate around something (the mushrooms? the ends without stuffing?) but did not complain. Between the three of us, we had fries, tomato basil soup, and the salad as sides. All were tasty. I got the salad - my only regret is that I didn't ask for the dressing to be on the side. It wasn't swimming (as you find some places), but I prefer minimal dressing so it was a bit much. We did not partake of their extensive alcohol selection.

My only regret is that we didn't save room for a sweet crepe dessert!

• Visited April 2013
Indiana
“Fantastic deal....near Cadillac Theater”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful crepes. Started meal off with a frosty carafe of ice cold water. Nice touch. I had the crepe spinach special with spinach (of course), mushrooms and swiss with a mornay sauce. It came with a fresh spring salad tossed in a vinagrette. $8.50 and an amazing bargain. The crepe was approx 5 x 6 in. Martinis are great at 5 bucks. For two crepe lunches, a martini, a dessert crepe with bananas and nutella and a capuccino was $39. Good service. The only reason it got 4 stars is my teen son said their bathroom was not finished with insulation on the walls, etc. The bathroom condition in any restaurant is a big deal. Hope they are just on the process of repairing.