“Excellent Italian restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osteria La Madia

Osteria La Madia
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria La Madia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #327 of 9,466 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Clark
Transit: Red Line Train: Grand & State
Description: At La Madia, two pleasures - great food and distinctive, delicious wines - come together. La Madia is an urban restaurant that upholds Italian tradition. Every day, our chefs make our pizza dough and fresh pasta from scratch from little more than flour, water, and salt. The menu is designed for sharing, with flavor-packed, wood-fired pizzas that change seasonally, inventive salads, and savory pasta dishes. Desserts are all made on the premises, in keeping with what's available in the market.The wine list is a wine lover's dream, with more than 75 wines by the glass and hundreds of bottles. And every week, we feature two of our favorite wines for just $5 per glass. In addition to wine and more than 25 beers, La Madia offers innovative cocktails, many of which are made from spirits infused in-house.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Extensive wine menu, and great pizza. We had the steamed mussels, salads, and three cheese pizza, and onion and prosciutto pizza, everything was great. Service was very good too. Highly recommended

1 Thank rxplus

Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful food; relaxing environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

After a busy day sightseeing, this was a very relaxing place to eat. The restaurant was stylish but casual, not too noisey and the food was outstanding; our waitress was very helpful. The pizzas are wood cooked - thin crust. My husband and I shared a small appetizer (bruchette with mushrooms), salad and pizza. The perfect dinner. Don't pass up dessert - wow !

California
“Great Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Concierge at Palomar Chicago recommended this restaurant, and we easily determined why. Food+Service+Atmosphere = very satisfied customer. It's quite popular, so plan ahead by making reservations and be patient if you have to wait a few minutes to sit down. The experience is worth it. The short ribs with vegetable risotto was decadent, while the triple pepperoni pizza was literally inhaled by my buddy. Service was efficient and professional. The dining experience at La Madia is delicious and memorable.

atlanta,ga
“Need to feel sophisticated and in the "know"? Dine here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

La Madia was recommended by our concierge at the Marriott. If the typical deep dish pizza is not desired or you do not want to wait in the long lines of Pizzaria Uno or Due, then come to La Madia.

First-they do not have deep dish. If you want deep dish, stop reading this and visit the two restuarants I mentioned above or also go to the super classic Giordanio's. Just so you know they recently filed for bankruptcy so I hope they are still there. Ok back to Madia.

This looks like a small place until you walk in. You will immediately feel the sophisticated vibe. We went on a Friday nite. It seemed most of the crowd were 20 and 30 somethings who desired a nice nite out with friends. It is by no means a typical bar. People are there to dine. The menu has other Italian options but for the most part everyone was there for the pizza. It's thin crust and served more as a flat bread but larger. You and someone your are dining with could probably handle two. We did not want to appear piggish so we just had one. We secretly decided we were going to try to come back the next night and try yet another fabulous pizza. My birthday plans got in the way but no worries...we shall return.

They have a great wine list and are open very late on Friday and Saturday. I loved the atmosphere. The background music made me feel like I was at one of those restaurants featured on Sex and the City. It was easy to have a conversation and set the right tone of relaxation and sheer enjoyment of their food.

Last but not least, try their chocolate polenta cake. It's similar to a chocolate lava cake but so much better. I hope this place is around on my next visit. It may be bring me over from the "dark side" of only desiring deep dish when I visit my hometown.

P.S. They will be offering a brunch soon. Check their website for details.

1 Thank melnatl
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, United States
“VERY GOOD PIZZA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Earlier this evening my girlfriend and I ate dinner at La Madia. The service and the food were very good. I would definitely return!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Osteria La Madia? Share your experiences!