“Great dosas!”

Neighborhood: Rogers Park
Seattle, Washington
“Great dosas!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a super-casual, fast-food kind of Indian restaurant. If you want a fancier meal, keep walking to Udupi Palace or Tiffin down the street. Here, though, you can get a filling vegetarian meal for a good price.

My favorite dishes here are the dosas, and I don't think there's anything better to eat on a cold, wintery Chicago day. Everything else is good, too, but I always order a dosa.

The management is really nice and willing to answer questions about food ingredients.

My only complaint is that I wish they would get rid of the terrible Indian music videos playing on the walls.

• Visited November 2012

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Good food!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was visiting a friend in Chicago and we were craving for some Indian food. It was four of us lot of things on the menu. Pav Bhaji, Chaat were great. Pani Puri - not so much. The service was a little slow, but the restaurant was crowded. The ambiance seemed to be pretty much like the other places in the area.

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Expected way more...”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were staying in O hare and had o change 3 trains and take 1 bus to reach Devon avenue. My husband was hell bent on eating in an proper Indian vegetarian restaurant. I checked the reviews here on TripAdvisor and went there with great expectations...First of all the look and feel of the place is not that good. We had to literally wait for 15 mins before the waiter came with the menu!! It took 20 more minutes for the entire order to come to our table... I was hoping as they have taken so much time, the food will be fresh, hot and tasty. It was neither. I had ordered Kachori chat and my husband ordered the Gujarati thali... Wasted more than $20 and then while leaving we came across this new Patel sweets shop which has a sugarcane juice and panipuri stall which was way better than Uru swati. Only go here if you are desperate...

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good for vegetarian fast food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place has a similar menu as many other places on Devon Ave., i.e., a variety of South and North Indian street/fast foods (e.g., chaats, pani puri, dosa, utthapam, etc.). However, it's a notch above its peers in terms of ambiance, cleanliness, and service. It's a seat-yourself place, but the inside decor and furniture are nice. I wish they would play something nicer on the TV rather than the standard Bollywood song-and-dance routines all the time. The food is average to above-average, and there is greater consistency in their offerings than competition. Overall, a great value for money and a nice place to hang out on Devon.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“I am still waiting to be impressed!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have been to this restaurant three times. I have been waiting to be impressed. Being an Indian I keep exploring Indian restaurant as I have spent a little bit of time with chefs of IIHM by Taj India.
They are polite, Which is an asset and rare on Devon Ave. businesses. Service is nice. Place is small and cozy. My daughter loves the murals of the buildings, as she can count the windows till the food comes. They mostly have clean restrooms, if it is not they make sure it is!

Food has not yet impressed me. I will try them a few more times before I make up my mind about their chef.

• Visited July 2013