“Nice, Clean, Quiet Property”

Courtyard Champaign
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the property visiting family in Champaign. The property was nice, with clean rooms and a professional staff. The location is great, with a lot of food choices, a mall and stores, such as Walmart and Target. The property is right off of the highway for easy access to the north and south. I would definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a walkout balcony. Ask for it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank robwat23

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel was located north of the highway in Champaign. Staff was generally friendly, though my sister reported that one maid was rude to her. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but either the person before us had smoked cigars in the room or someone in adjacent room had smoked. Running the AC for a few hours got rid of most of the smell, which wasn't overwhelming.

I don't know if I'd stay here again, given its distance from campus (you definitely need a car) and the smoke smell.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Christopher D
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and these issues are being addressed. We hope with our efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will try the Champaign Courtyard by Marriott again next time you stay in the area.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Spent the night at this hotel when we were travelling to Chicago on a roadtrip.
Staff that checked us in were friendly enough.
The hotel has seen some upgrades, although it is an older property.
2 things I didn't care for:
Food smell from the Bistro was strong in the lobby and first floor
The heater seemed to have some sort of air freshner in it that was super offensive.
I had to sleep with the heater off or it blew some strong perfume smell out.
I would look for another hotel if I was in the area again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank P-TDI
ChampaignCYD_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve. I want to assure you that all of these issues have been addressed so situations like this don’t happen again. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Champaign Courtyard by Marriott another try next time you stay in the area.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice hotel. Quiet, no problems. Lots of shopping nearby. Staff was helpful, but not all were overly friendly. Didn't try the bistro. Sofabed my son slept on was horrible though. Pool was decent, a little chilly. Hot tub was great. Gave us a late check-out with no problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chi_townfan_7
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here in Jan/2013 for one night. Good hotel decent location (about 15-20 minutes from UofI campus - depending on where you're going). Friendly staff - can't really complain.

Why 4 stars - well location, is on the north side of I-74 (where most of the budget hotels are) so if you're going anywhere near campus it can take 15-20 minutes).

They have a new newly renovated lobby - like the style that all Courtyard's are getting I guess.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stopped at this hotel with no reservations late evening after a long drive from MN to OH. We chose this hotel because we've always had a great stay at Marriott (Courtyards) whether it was planned (for business) or spontaneous while on a personal trip. We had just a horrible experience at another name brand chain on the trip OH to MN and were hyper wary and critical.

The front desk was polite, friendly, efficient, and even looked up our Rewards number. She gave us a quiet room (like we requested) upgraded us to a king bed room (I had inquired about), and recommended a restaurant for the type of food we were looking. We dropped off our bags, inspected the room, and went to dinner, by the time we returned, she had left message in the room to confirm everything was satisfactory.

The room was clean, crisp sheets (love the double sheet duvet) the location was quiet and towels were soft and big. Good coffee in the morning in the lobby, front desk at checkout was polite. I have had consistently great service and rooms with Courtyard Marriott.

I will choose a Marriott over any other chain given the geographical opportunity!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is located a few minutes off the highways in a major shopping district. The lobby/dining area is very attractive, clean and comfortable. I found the front desk staff friendly and welcoming, though not terribly efficient. Our first room had a technical issue with the heating, but we were able to change easily enough. My sense was that the rooms felt small - we had a 2 queen room, and these do feel smaller than those with kings. Dining facilities at Courtyards do vary - this one has call-order servery/bar. I used the bar in the evening and sandwiches/pizzas appeared to be available until 10 pm. We also used the servery for breakfast, which was delivered speedily and at a reasonable price (having said which I much prefer those Courtyards that offer a breakfast buffet).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alveric
ChampaignCYD_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for bringing the heater & slow front desk issues to our attention. I apologize you had such a negative experience while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed. We have taken several steps to help ensure these situations don’t happen again. We hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, you will give the Champaign Courtyard by Marriott another try if you find yourself in the Champaign/Urbana area again.