“Very good hotel for business and leisure travelers”

Drury Inn & Suites Champaign
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Brussels, Belgium
“Very good hotel for business and leisure travelers”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

The room I stayed was very big, with two beds and very comfortable pillows.
The hotel is very clean except on breakfast time, since mainly on weekends the hotel gets full of guests and the restaurant area gets a little bit dirty.
They have a very good free breakfast everyday and on weekends they also offer donuts.
The staff is very friendly and always are willing to help.
I had enjoyed my stay at Drury and I do recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank mauriciodebem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Norman, OK
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We bypassed cheaper lodgings and stayed at this Drury Inn because my 13-yr-old son had been so impressed with a new Drury we had stayed at in St. Louis last year. This hotel was older but still provided us with a clean and very comfortable room with nice amenities such as a large flat-screen TV, microfridge, and a recliner. The internet in the room was easy to access and worked well. Breakfast offered a nice variety of hot and cold items. Front-desk staff were friendly and helpful. Overall it was a pleasant break from a long road trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SoonerFamily
chicago,il
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Best hotel in champaign. Great breakfasts. Free drinks and popcorn in afternoon. I stay here for home football games. Nice indoor/outdoor pool. Highly recommended. Free internet and free parking. Huge rooms. Comfy beds. Couldn't ask for anymore. Tons of restaurants and shopping in the area. Price is always reasonable.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank argonauts52
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Clean, roomy, cosy, nice, above all, good value for money . Cocktail hour is great everyday after work. Reasonable breakfast. Not much to do in Champaign other than visit restaurants - it does have the highest ratio of restaurants to residents in the US. So having the wi-fi is all the more important!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank arabhammerhead
Pune
Reviewed June 10, 2009

It was my third trip to Champaign and same way third time to Drury. It was a bussiness trip so accomodation arrangement made by my company itself. Though we have an option to change the hotel of our own choice I didn't go for it as Drury is one of the best hotel in Champaign. The other reason was most of my companymates from India use to stay there so it is very common to get a friend there.

Here are my experiences in points.

Pros:
-Complimentary breakfast
-Free 1 hour long distance calls, 15 minutes call for Canada everyday.
-Nice Plazma tv in hotel room, Microwave
-Nice location all places which are good are near like university and other discs
-Room service is quite regular and they are quite co-operative
-Cold drinks are available most of the time
-Snakes,Beverages in the evening which include two hard drinks(though we couldn't enjoy that much because of office timings)
-Drury membership, That is the most interesting part of Drury you get some points for each stay. As we have to stay longer for out official work we get enough points in one month that we can redeem it to 50 dollar amazon coupon. So it is kind of gift from Drury to you .

Cons:

-There is not much choice in morning breakfast and they are repeating same things from years so after few visits you will get bored with that atleast.
-Sometimes power cut off while you are using microwave so it was pain in my last trip
-In my first trip they accidently charged on my credit card for room payment without my approval. Though they revert the charge back but I got charge for both as I was having an Indian credit card. I noticed it later and then raise it to hotel staff and thanks to the hotel staff I got my 4000 INR back. I guess I was just unfortunate for this event because otehr two times it went very well.

Over all I am quite satisfied with drury and its service if we ignore the breakfast part and I guess it will be good place to visit again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank PuneDev
oklahoma
Reviewed May 7, 2009

We booked king rooms,but we were put in double full rooms. When we asked about it the manager on duty got rude. She did put us in suites but one of them had a terrible odor so she had to give him another room. On the weekend they had a several schools staying there and we were given a curfew at 10pm we had to be in our rooms. Then on Wednesday we had another problem and the asst. manager did not show any interest in doing anything but the bare minimum to fix the problem. So we changed hotels with only a few days left here. Other than the assistant manager, the other front desk staff was friendly and the general manager also. We as a company will not be staying here again. There's many more options with much better service just down the street.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank latherton
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Champaign, responded to this review, May 13, 2009
Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels. We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies concerning the service you received from a member of our staff. This is not how we do business! Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and you can be confident that your concerns will be addressed so that other guests are not disappointed as you were. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your lodging needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know how we can be of assistance.
Georgia
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We used to stay at this hotel every year when we drove south. Not anymore. When we were there last, there were dogs everywhere: pool area, even sitting up ON the tables in the dining area in the evening in clear view of the front desk. The whole place smelled. (I'm not anti-dog. We had dogs for years, but with so many dogs you have to work hard at being clean.) One of my kids is allergic and we were not able to request a "no dog" room. When I spoke to the 3 people at the desk, they just shrugged their shoulders. Good place if traveling with pets. We'll stay somewhere else from now on.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels. We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback. While we do allow pets at our hotels, they are not to be in the breakfast or the pool areas. These guidelines along with others are outlined in our Pet Owner Letter, which is provided to our guests with pets upon arrival at the hotel. Regardless, the front desk should have addressed the situation you described. Please accept our apology that this did not take place. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and you can be confident that your concerns will be addressed so that other guests are not disappointed as you were. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your lodging needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know how we can be of assistance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
La Quinta Inn Champaign
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Wingate By Wyndham Champaign

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Champaign? Share your experiences!