I booked this hotel after searching on the internet for a place to stay in Champaign, Illinois. The rates were by far the best than any other hotel in town (we got the e-saver rate, better rate than AAA. You can still get it by calling directly to the hotel, just ask for that rate). We arrived about 5 p.m. and got checked in right away. You get a ticket for 3 "adult" beverages during "happy hour". We enjoyed our complimentary drinks while we waited for the rest of our group to arrive. By the way, they also have complementary soft drinks and popcorn. Included with "happy hour" are chips & salsa, carrot sticks and dip and, pretzels.
Our room was very nice and clean. There are flat screen tv's in every room which the kids enjoyed when they weren't swimming. The pool is a nice size and it is an indoor/outdoor pool, which means half is inside and half is outside. The kids love that during the cool weather and the pool is nice and warm. The only downside was that it had rained quite a bit that day and there was thunder and lightening, so they had to close the pool as a safety precaution until the storm passed. But it did reopen.
The beds were so comfortable that I was going to check and see what kind of mattress they used, but I forgot. Very quiet during the night too. Water pressure in the showers was really good considering everyone is using water efficient shower heads these days.
Finally, the breakfast. This is INCLUDED in the price of the room. It is a FULL BREAKFAST...biscuits and gravy, eggs (with crumbled bacon, cheese and salsa on the side), sausage, french toast, made to order waffles, cereal, doughnuts, bagels, fruit, juices, coffee, milk. That alone saved us at lest $25 - $30 if we had gone out to breakfast with the kids.
If you want a great room, with comfortable beds, super friendly staff and LOTS of extras (comp mixed drinks/beer, comp soft drinks and popcorn, full breakfast in the morning) then this is the place for you. If you want less, then go somewhere else.
I will seek out Drury Inn's in our future travels. A GREAT VALUE DURING A TIME WHEN EVERYONE IS TRYING TO CUT BACK. THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Students, families and business travelers choose the free amenities at Drury Inn & Suites, only five miles from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign! Guests enjoy clean, comfortable rooms with a free hot breakfast and our 5:30 Kickback(R): free hot food and cold beverages every evening. The hotel is near shopping and family attractions off I-74. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Champaign reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Champaign
- Drury Inn & Suites Champaign Hotel Champaign
- Drury Champaign
- Drury Inn Champaign Illinois
- Drury Inn Hotel Champaign
- Champaign Drury