“Three month stay”

Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Sedalia, Missouri
“Three month stay”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The staff is very knowledgeable, attentive and, friendly.
They were prepared for me when I arrived and caused me no delay when I checked-out.
Housekeeping is respectful of your possessions and makes a clean room.
I always felt safe for me and my car.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke and only need one bed stay on the south end or far northern end on the second...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ontario
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Room is decent, fairly modern with a flat screen tv, desk, chair. No extra pillows or blankets. Remember there are no toiletries. Kitchen included 2 burners, microwave, toaster, full size fridge and coffee maker. NO oven. Needs an oven, frying pan, dish soap. Kitchen not properly stocked. Don't even think about making pancakes or baking.
Luckily, there are grocery stores nearby.
Mold on the shower curtain, noisy toilet.
Otherwise, it was decent and still a good price. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - Champaign - Urbana, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Champaign - Urbana. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Murphysboro, Illinois
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I have been staying here, off and on, for the last six months. It's been adequate and I love the kitchenette. You get full size fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, stove top, cupboards, and a full set of tableware for two. There is no free breakfast and there may be charges for the internet, which I think is chintsey. No daily maid service, but that was fine with me.

It's reliably fairly clean, though they could do a better job on the carpets. The staff is excellent. There are better suites in town, but for the value, it has served me well.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Room smelled like an old man(dirty hair and feet).
Old furniture.
Bed was made of bricks. yes, it was that hard.
Towels were so hard they could cut you.
Crazy loud water pipes.
Not even a soap dish in the bathroom.
No hotel staff after 11:00 p.m. (dangerous).
Drunk kids drinking and smoking in parking lot outside of my window

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank TRAVELIN_MAN182
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Champaign - Urbana. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Travelers are raving about these Champaign hotels

Córdoba, Argentina
Reviewed June 4, 2009

It's our second time in ESA Champaign, and we plan to keep staying there. The hotel is very clean, quiet and safe. The kitchen is great and the supermarket is just around the corner! (there are also a lot of restaurants and the mall is close, but we save a lot of money cooking ourselves). The staff is very kind and we weren't disturbed at all. Location is nice, but transportation is needed to go downtown or to the campus. Anyway, the bus system is very organized and efficient. ESA is the best choice to feel like home if you go to Urbana - Champaign (and for a low price!).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed March 4, 2007

There are nicer hotels out there, but for the great price ($45) we got a large, clean, quiet room and a friendly staff.

Because the hotel caters to "extended stays" the rooms have a full kitchen set-up with 2 burners, a sink, a refrigerator & freezer, dishes and silverware. There are also small number of chain restaurants and a mall quite close to the hotel, which is convenient.

Overall our experience was nice and we'd stay here again.

• Liked — Inexpensive price
  • Disliked — Not much within walking distance
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)