All reviews stayed here yogurt typical fare university of illinois room was clean looked fine nice stay marriott points scrambled eggs indoor pool one night stay checking in the breakfast area mini fridge hot tub bed and pillows hotel is located
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Check-In attendent was efficient and courteous. Clean, yet SMALL room. Undesirable interstate noise. Convenient location to restaurants, etc. Overall, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Booked hotel online, speedy check-in, & courtious attendant.

Room was smaller than I expected and it was noisy thanks to the interstate being right next to hotel. Was clean, but beds seemed to be older and not all that comfortable.

Had plenty to do around hotel, and had alot of places to choose from to eat.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Spent one night on a layover. A well-maintained property. Management and staff are excellent. I had to take a 1st floor room because they were sold out. I usually avoid the 1st floor, but my room was quiet and safe. The hotel is kept very clean, and the location is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bogberto
Reviewed September 15, 2008

My husband, myself, and our 7 month old twins just stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Champaign, IL. When I checked in the I was told "The king suite that you reserved has a funny smell.... would you prefer a different room?" Of course, I said that we would take a different room. The good thing - our new room was on $89 compared to the $119 for the king.

No big deal that we got 2 queen beds instead of a king.

We were on the 1st floor right next to the pool and ice machine. We did not have any noise from either. It was a typical hotel room - nothing too fancy. It was clean and comfortable.

There was a good breakfast in the morning - we had waffles, yogurt, muffins, and coffee. There were lots of other options as well.

They provided us with a portable crib for our babies.

I would probably stay here again - it's perfect for a one night stay in Champaign.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank HunterLilly
Reviewed July 20, 2008

The Fairfield Inn in Champaign was okay - pretty typical for a Fairfield, which in my opinion are generally not as nice as the Hampton Inns which are usually in the same price range.

This hotel is located on the north end of Champaign and is an easy drive to the U of Illinois campus but you need at car to go anywhere from this location.

The hotel was clean, looked to be fairly new and the room was fine but nothing special. The light blocking drapes were off the track and would not close completely but that was not really a big deal although it showed a little less than top level care of the facility.

The two things that made me give this hotel a lower rating are small but they did differentiate this Fairfield from the Hampton we stayed at the previous night:
1) The breakfast closes at 9 am - and it was cleaned up by 9:15 so if you even wanted a glass of juice after 9, you were out of luck. (The Hampton had breakfast hours til 10.)
2) There is no fitness center at all in the hotel. I have come to expect at least a treadmill and a few weight machines but this hotel has NOTHING and there is no good place nearby for an outdoors walk or run.

Overall, it was okay but if I go back to Champaign, I'll check some other properties before booking here again. The rate was not cheap and I think you could do better if you book ahead of time someplace else. (We decided at the last minute to go thru Champaign to see the Illinois campus and most everything else was full.)

• Stayed: July 2008