“Great place!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Spent one night on a layover. A well-maintained property. Management and staff are excellent. I had to take a 1st floor room because they were sold out. I usually avoid the 1st floor, but my room was quiet and safe. The hotel is kept very clean, and the location is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bogberto

Reviewed September 15, 2008

My husband, myself, and our 7 month old twins just stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Champaign, IL. When I checked in the I was told "The king suite that you reserved has a funny smell.... would you prefer a different room?" Of course, I said that we would take a different room. The good thing - our new room was on $89 compared to the $119 for the king.

No big deal that we got 2 queen beds instead of a king.

We were on the 1st floor right next to the pool and ice machine. We did not have any noise from either. It was a typical hotel room - nothing too fancy. It was clean and comfortable.

There was a good breakfast in the morning - we had waffles, yogurt, muffins, and coffee. There were lots of other options as well.

They provided us with a portable crib for our babies.

I would probably stay here again - it's perfect for a one night stay in Champaign.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank HunterLilly
Reviewed July 20, 2008

The Fairfield Inn in Champaign was okay - pretty typical for a Fairfield, which in my opinion are generally not as nice as the Hampton Inns which are usually in the same price range.

This hotel is located on the north end of Champaign and is an easy drive to the U of Illinois campus but you need at car to go anywhere from this location.

The hotel was clean, looked to be fairly new and the room was fine but nothing special. The light blocking drapes were off the track and would not close completely but that was not really a big deal although it showed a little less than top level care of the facility.

The two things that made me give this hotel a lower rating are small but they did differentiate this Fairfield from the Hampton we stayed at the previous night:
1) The breakfast closes at 9 am - and it was cleaned up by 9:15 so if you even wanted a glass of juice after 9, you were out of luck. (The Hampton had breakfast hours til 10.)
2) There is no fitness center at all in the hotel. I have come to expect at least a treadmill and a few weight machines but this hotel has NOTHING and there is no good place nearby for an outdoors walk or run.

Overall, it was okay but if I go back to Champaign, I'll check some other properties before booking here again. The rate was not cheap and I think you could do better if you book ahead of time someplace else. (We decided at the last minute to go thru Champaign to see the Illinois campus and most everything else was full.)

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank Marcy54
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Stayed here after transferirig over from a nearby terrible hotel experience (Drury's ). We found the bed and pillows firm and comfortable, the pool clean, well maintained and the hot tub a wonderful 104,quiet & pleasant, the manager even booking a fall hotel reservation well in advance & at a good discount. Very nice, well run place!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Pickbent
Reviewed June 29, 2008

The Fairfield Inn Champaign is a very nice hotel. There are so many hotels in the area, but with baseball and soccer tournaments almost every weekend, you have no choice but to book your rooms way far in advance. This hotel is located in a major shopping area with TONS of restaurants! It is located right behind the Courtyard by Marriott. (we were going to stay there, but is was more expensive and you had to pay for the full hot bkfst. buffet.) The rate was $94.99/night. They had a free deluxe cont. breakfast which was good, and indoor pool and hot tub, and other standard amenties. The rooms and public areas we saw were very clean! We would definitly return to this hotel if we were in the area.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Standard fairfield, in good shape, decent room, quiet, etc. No problems at all. Will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 20, 2007

My family stayed here with my daughter's soccer team for a tournament. I had made a change to my reservation and it was erroneously cancelled completely. The manager on duty at the time I checked in was extremely apologetic and found me a suitable room at the hotel for no charge!

Other than that, they were very accomodating of our group's desire to host a Cinco de Mayo party in the breakfast lounge. For a small fee we rented this space, had use of the microwave, etc.

The hotel has a small pool and workout area. The guest rooms were very quiet, and attractively furnished. Instead of a bedspread, the beds were triple sheeted and had a decorative "runner" draped near the bottom of each bed. There were five pillows on each bed, giving everyone something that would suit.

The breakfast buffet was poorly laid out, with no plates or flatware near the waffle maker ( my first course). They had bananas and apples, cereal, bagels and muffins.

Note: the hotel is very hard to find. When driving down "hotel road", turn in at the Courtyard by Marriott and you'll find the Fairfield Inn behind it ,close to the highway.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family