Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign
$129
$123
Official Hotel
$66
La Quinta Inn Champaign(Champaign)(Great Value!)
$82
$123
Country Inn
$124
CandlewoodSuites
All reviewswafflesstayed heretypical farewould stay here againnice staymarriott pointswell maintained and cleanroom was cleanone night staysmall poolbreakfast attendantthird floortwo queen bedschecking incourteous staffhotel is locatedthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stay often in Fairfield inn's, this one is below others, including Peoria. Rooms are a bit smaller than usual, even suites. Breakfast is below average, Oatmeal runny, O.J is colored water, coffee weak, and same fare, bisquits and gravey inedible. Scrambled eggs not typical of other Fairfields. Fruit yuk, no cartons of milk. Yogurt very limited choices. Weekends often have teenage teams staying, often noisy. Beds with small pillows, not very condusive to sleep. No full size pillows. Maid service very delayed, rooms not cleaned till very late in day. Overall, below average Fairfield. Staff is very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Mike,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Champaign and for the kind words regarding our staff. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve and will take your comments seriously. I also apologize that you felt the pillows were too small and that your room wasn't cleaned until later in the day. I will address this with the housekeeping department. I do hope with our efforts to improve you will keep us in mind the next time you are in the area.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2013

When we travel we usually stay at Fairfields but this is way below their usual standards. No refrigerator or microwave. But that wasn't the worst part. Our room was so dirty we had to go to the front desk and ask for a different room. They were accommodating which was nice. When I am staying in a town I have not stayed in before I usually check with Trip Advisor but I didn't this time and I should have. Lesson learned. The price was right at $85 for the senior discount so I suppose you get what you pay for but again-- the Fairfields we have stayed in before were only a little bit more money. The second room we got faces the other Marriott hotel and after reading the reviews I am glad we are not facing I-74. We won't stay here again when we are in Champaign.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie O
Rick H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel and for being a loyal Marriott member. I am sorry to hear that our Fairfield Inn & Suites didn't meet the your expectations. Our housekeeping staff works hard to ensure each guest has a fresh, clean room. I apologize that this did not happen and I will be reviewing your comments with my staff so that it does not happen again. I sincerely hope that you'll reconsider our Fairfield Inn & Suites and give us another chance the next time you are in Champaign.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2013

When we walked we had some confusion about our room and they were sold out. The desk clerk eventually found our reservation. The room was ok, but the air conditioner didn't work that well. Good breakfast in the morning. We also asked for recommendations to order in as we had come on motorcycles and didn't want to walk so far to dinner. In the room there was a list of about 20 places that deliver, but the front desk clerk told us there was only two. When we asked for a recommendation on which places were better, she didn't have any idea. So we took a stab at it and ordered Chinese. It was good, but it would have been nice to have a recommendation.

Room Tip: There are restaurants less than a mile away within walking distance.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tammy A
Rick H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast as we take pride in providing our guests the best complimentary, deluxe breakfast in Champaign. I'm sorry to hear about the confusion we had when trying to locate your reservation and apologize for the inconvenience it caused. I'm also very sorry that the front desk was not helpful in making recommendations for local restaurants. I understand how frustrating that would be if you aren't from the area. I have addressed both of these issues with my front desk staff in hopes that future guests do not go thru the same frustrations that you did. If you should find yourself back in Champaign I do hope that you will give the Fairfield Inn another chance to impress you.

Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Neat, clean rooms, well maintained, great staff, great free breakfast. Walking distance to very good restaurants and a large shopping mall. Front desk staff was very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This Fairfield is located right off the I-74 ... so if you want a quiet room, ask for one on the back side of the hotel, facing The Marriott.
Clean rooms and public areas, modern and nicely furnished rooms, free wifi, it's hard to write a review about a standard, unremarkable Fairfield Inn...
The hotel has a very nice indoor pool and fitness center, but no outside areas whatsoever - great for bad weather not for summer sunshine relaxation.
Breakfast fare includes sausage patties and scrambled eggs plus cereal, bagels, bread and all of the usual cold offerings.
Front desk staff were willing and able to make good dining suggestions

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room that DOES NOT face the I-74
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Rick H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your recent stay at the Champaign Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear that our front desk staff was able to make excellent recommendations for you and that you enjoyed our pool, fitness room and breakfast. Our staff works relentlessly to provide our guests with the highest quality of standards. I hope that if you find yourself in the Champaign area in the future that you will think of us.

Manager