“Very Standard Fairfield ....”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This Fairfield is located right off the I-74 ... so if you want a quiet room, ask for one on the back side of the hotel, facing The Marriott.
Clean rooms and public areas, modern and nicely furnished rooms, free wifi, it's hard to write a review about a standard, unremarkable Fairfield Inn...
The hotel has a very nice indoor pool and fitness center, but no outside areas whatsoever - great for bad weather not for summer sunshine relaxation.
Breakfast fare includes sausage patties and scrambled eggs plus cereal, bagels, bread and all of the usual cold offerings.
Front desk staff were willing and able to make good dining suggestions

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room that DOES NOT face the I-74
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Rick H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your recent stay at the Champaign Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear that our front desk staff was able to make excellent recommendations for you and that you enjoyed our pool, fitness room and breakfast. Our staff works relentlessly to provide our guests with the highest quality of standards. I hope that if you find yourself in the Champaign area in the future that you will think of us.

Rick H
Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Pretty easy to get to and not too expensive--that's what we wanted, and that's what we got. Staff was friendly and the rooms were pretty nice. Plus, they had free wi-fi and the breakfast was pretty good. All in all, we were happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank fox4cefive
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I left some clothing (designer sweater, pants, belt, turtle neck) in the drawer. It was never returned. It is difficult to recommend a hotel that does not look after the items that you leave behind and make sure that they are returned to you.
This otherwise unremarkable stay at an unremarkable Fairfield was irretrievably stained by this at best throwing my items away and at worst theft of my items.

Stayed: March 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. We take this matter very seriously; after reviewing the issue we have determined all Team members followed property Policy & Procedures.I do appreciate your time and having the opportunity to resolved the issue with you over the phone.

Tim Izard | General Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Since we are Marriott reward guests we booked this hotel late in the day by cell phone. For us, Fairfield Inn has always been a dependable hotel with comfortable beds. The hotel was conveniently located off the freeway and easy enough to find.

It was a cold, windy day and when we got into our room there was a whistling noise coming from the window and the curtains were blowing. The window wouldn't shut tight so I headed back to the front desk to ask for another room. In the meantime, my husband had adjusted the window (reseated it in the track) himself and we decided to keep the room.

The room was nicely updated with fresh paint, carpet and new furniture. The TV had a great picture and of course Marriott did not disappoint; the King bed was extremely comfortable as always.

There were a few other issues that were not up to par for Marriott. The tub faucet dripped, the toilet bowl had black stains and the toilet seat was loose. The heater did not have a wall thermostat and was very difficult to keep adjusted. The fan never shut off so even when the heat was off, the fan continued to run blowing cold air directly toward the bed. I finally put a pillow over half of the heating unit to block the air.

Breakfast was the usual fare; hard boiled eggs, waffles, biscuits/gravy, etc. so no complaints. The desk clerk that took the reservation was friendly and efficient.

In hind site, I wish we had asked for another room but it had been a long day of driving and we made the best of it. There are many other hotels in the area and a Marriott Courtyard was right across the parking lot from the Fairfield. Out of curiosity, I looked online to see what the rate would have been at the Courtyard and it was only $10 more for a King room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Curly
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here for a couple days over a football weekend. Hotel was very nice, rooms were in great shape! The breakfast area was kept well stocked, and they had a great selection of items to choose from. You are close to restaurants, and other shopping, and only about 10 minutes from the campus.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here two nights in a suite. The room was beautifully designed, TV worked to connect to our iPad for Netflix viewing (and they had TCM, a bonus), bed was comfortable, and breakfast was fine, but the same both days. It's always nice to have a suite, because while my husband is out working, I spend a lot of time at the hotel, and the fridge/microwave and extra seating areas are very welcome. The hotel is hard to find, because it is hidden between a Courtyard and a La-Z-Boy store on an interstate frontage road. No good place to walk to, which is typical for the franchise, but the workout room has an elliptical machine, and with the indoor swimming pool, it was enough for exercise.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I felt this was a nice property and well maintainted. My room was spotless. The staff was very friendly. I thought the breakfast spread was much better than many Fairfield Inns, and the breakfast attendant was cheery and sweet. I will say that perhaps I should have stayed next door at the Courtyard, which has a very nice lobby. Not sure what the rooms look like, but I would have loved to have spent some time out on the balcony that appears to be with most rooms!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business