“Nice Hotel for the weekend”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Champaign
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Hotel for the weekend”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here for a couple days over a football weekend. Hotel was very nice, rooms were in great shape! The breakfast area was kept well stocked, and they had a great selection of items to choose from. You are close to restaurants, and other shopping, and only about 10 minutes from the campus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here two nights in a suite. The room was beautifully designed, TV worked to connect to our iPad for Netflix viewing (and they had TCM, a bonus), bed was comfortable, and breakfast was fine, but the same both days. It's always nice to have a suite, because while my husband is out working, I spend a lot of time at the hotel, and the fridge/microwave and extra seating areas are very welcome. The hotel is hard to find, because it is hidden between a Courtyard and a La-Z-Boy store on an interstate frontage road. No good place to walk to, which is typical for the franchise, but the workout room has an elliptical machine, and with the indoor swimming pool, it was enough for exercise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I felt this was a nice property and well maintainted. My room was spotless. The staff was very friendly. I thought the breakfast spread was much better than many Fairfield Inns, and the breakfast attendant was cheery and sweet. I will say that perhaps I should have stayed next door at the Courtyard, which has a very nice lobby. Not sure what the rooms look like, but I would have loved to have spent some time out on the balcony that appears to be with most rooms!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here one night and the beds were comfortable. There wasn't anything wrong in our room. Just a nice place to stay while traveling. The front desk personnel were very helpful in recommending restaurants near the university. I know this isn't very helpful and I do wish I could remember more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The room looked great at first glance, but as I looked in more detail the place had many cleaning opportunities. There was an uncleaned spill by the microwave, sticky drink rings on the solid surfaces, hairs in the shower and dust bunnies near the toilet. Dust bunnies aren't created
overnight.

My wife and I are frequent Marriott visitors (elite), this is the worst I have ever seen from a Marriott branded property.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 10, 2012

on may 21 i checked in this hotel for 7 nights.at first there were some glitches and i was not too happy about initial handling by evening staff,but this basically nice property is run by a great manager(Tim Izard) who in my openion is one of the best and nicest managers.he called me and in aperfect fashion he addressed my dissatisfactions and fixed it quickly to make my stay comfortable and enjoyable.in all it was a very nice hotel,they offer a good free breakfast that has everything you needed.if you'r in this city,i recommend this place,and should you encounter a problem Tim will help you immediately. i had a nice stay ,they also have a nice fittness room,free business center and great cable tv with large selection.Shannon at front desk was very nice.

Room Tip: for afew dollars more you can stay at a suite which is very nice