“Gets better every year!”

La Quinta Inn Champaign
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Champaign

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
wi
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We checked in late at night on a busy week due to Ebert Fest. Our room was clean, but near construction (changing carpet, I believe). I think if it hadn't been so busy, they wouldn't have put us there. They must not have told the workers that people were there, because I heard them talking loudly right outside the room at 5:30 a.m. I asked them to quiet down, and they seemed truly shocked anyone was there. I heard nothing more until 9 or so. The only other noise issue was due to the wind whipping through the courtyard area during a pretty severe storm. The other nights were quiet. I didn't notice any road noise, but we were right on Neil Street.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again. It was very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here after a poor reception at our first choice for a hotel. We actually had to drive back to get here. The staff welcomed us and apologized the renovation. We were not inconvenienced and our room was freshly updated.

Room Tip: Dog friendly and easy access
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
East Dundee, Illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I read quite a few hotel/motel reviews in the Champaign area, and decided to try La Quinta. Though it is not right near the U of I campus, it is very accessible. There was some construction going on in the lot next door, but we were not disturbed by any noises. Whatever is happening, it has disrupted the traffic flow, and it appears that the main street entrance that used to be open is closed, so we had to drive in a back entrance. The room was adequate; 2 double beds, with a decent size flat screen tv. The bathroom was clean, and the towels were as expected in this type of motel. We took advantage of the free breakfast the following morning. There was a decent variety of choices, and they had a waffle maker, which pleased my son. For the most part, we were satisfied, though I spotted a few small ants on the table near the door, and a couple on the night stand. I reported this to the front desk the next morning when I checked out. If we stay in Champaign again, I don't know that I would stay here again because there are many other choices in the area. The ants knocked this one down a couple notches.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at this hotel while visiting our daughter in Champaign. We were very happy with both stays for the value that we received. The hotel is clean and close to attractions. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Only drawback is I wish they had a few more hot selections on the breakfast menu. Other than that, good place to stay for the value.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The La Quinta provided an excellent home base for our U of IL visit. It's just a couple miles from the campus. In general, La Quintas are one of the cleanest hotels--stayed in Florida as well. They provide a full breakfast--waffles, cerial, toast, eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. And the service is quick and helpful. All this is provided at a super low cost. You cannot go wrong!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta