“Updated on the inside, clean, a good value”

Quality Inn & Suites Champaign
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Illinois City, Illinois
“Updated on the inside, clean, a good value”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We stayed in a nonsmoking suite. Recently updated and clean. Pool and hot tub nice. Complimentary breakfast and 24 hour coffee a treat. The only negatives were the attitudes of the workers. The front desk man looked annoyed that I bothered him from his computer game upon check in and the janitor refused to help me when we ran out of milk. If you can overlook poor service in exchange for value, cleanliness and a comfortable night's sleep, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank sleepy99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
chicago,il
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Average Hotel near the interstate I-74, 3 miles from U of I campus. Not the best hotel in town, but it was a free night. Renovations are needed, do not expect to be wowed by this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed August 22, 2009

My daughter was between apartments while attending the University of Illinois, so I needed to put her up for two nights at a local hotel. The Comfort Inn was the wrong choice for us. Their website said "deluxed continental breakfast," but no breakfast could be found at 8:30 a.m. Their website said "free high speed internet access in all rooms," but when my daughter didn't find any, the front desk clerk said there was none. Their website said "Free USA Today," yeah right. The walls were very thin and it was easy to hear the fight between a husband and wife in the next room. Very disappointing. My daughter had to bail out after the first night. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We had reserved a room here and it turns out they gave us a suite (for the same price) so that was a plus. Room was clean, large, and pretty quiet overnight. Turns out the back of the hotel looks out over a very bright volvo car lot that leaves its lights on all night. Thank goodness for blackout curtains, they did the trick! The breakfast in the morning was so-so. Pretty meager offerings and a small eating area, we ended up grabbing a donut and cereal and pouring some milk to eat back in our room. I wish we could have checked out the shopping mall just down the road, but tired kids prevented us from that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dunlap, IL
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Our Dance Team came to Champaign for a competition and Nora the asst. manager was so helpful. She made sure we all were put together and that we in the non smoking area. The rooms were comfortable, clean, warm and beds comfy. The continental breakfast was delicious and the lady was keeping it very clean and helped us make our waffle. Nora even offered to open it up earlier than normal if our dance team needed to eat early before we left for our competition. The location is so close to the mall and lots of restaurants. Our team would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Bowling Green, KY
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We stayed here on our way to Iowa. The rooms are very outdated, the heat/air was difficult to regulate, the breakfast was terrible, the person behind the desk was rude and not helpful a bit. And during the not-so-great breakfast with my husband and 2 children, he was talking to his friends and cursing! The sheets are too small for the bed and would not stay on the bed which results in a very uncomfortable night! The indoor pool they advertise was empty. We couldn't wait to leave. This is my first time to get on this website and complain...but I just wanted to save someone from the experience we had.

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank stephschafer
SAINT LOUIS
Reviewed November 4, 2005

I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum or not. I hope it's helpful, and not just the ranting of a disgruntled traveler.

I was traveling on business, driving from Chicago to St. Louis. About half way home I stopped to spend the night at the Comfort Inn in Champaign, IL, using Choice Privileges frequent guest points. It looked like a nice facility, as I’ve come to expect from the Choice Hotels brand. When I went in to register, there was no one at the desk. There was a sign indicating that the desk clerk was away helping other guests. I understood this, and waited for him to return. I was tired and admittedly out of sorts, and was a bit sarcastic when the young man returned after about 10-15 minutes. He asked if he could help me, and I asked if he could check me in, “If it’s not too much trouble.” He said, “Why would it be any trouble?” I replied, “I don’t know, but I’ve been waiting for over 10 minutes.” He smirked, and said, “I put out the sign.” I explained that the sign didn’t check me in, and he responded, sarcastically, that he had to wait on other guests. At this point, I asked for my credit card and ID, and said I’d go elsewhere. As I said, I had a bit of an attitude myself, and take half the blame for this exchange, although I've been in a number of hotels where the staff were very courteous to me when I gave them reason not to be. That's no excuse on my part, I know. But this is not why I was so upset by this particular incident.

I called Choice Privileges to see if I could cancel the reservation. The guest services representative said she would call the hotel to see if they would allow me to cancel. “Or,” I added, “just apologize for my delay. That’s all I really want."

She came back on the line after talking to this young gentleman, and said he’d agreed to cancel the reservation. “He’d rather cancel my reservation, than apologize?” “Yes, apparently so. He sounded rather snooty to me,” the guest services rep admitted.

Choice Privileges ultimately took good care of me, and found me a room nearby at another hotel, and compensated me somewhat for my inconvenience. I don’t know when, if ever, I’ll find myself again in Champaign/Urbana, but I know I won’t be staying at the Comfort Inn on Marketview.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business