“Boaring”

Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have eaten here a few times over the years and the menu is the same. Specials change but I don't think the menu has really changed since day one.

1  Thank LynnieChampaign_Il

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Wonderful cocktails, generous portions in a nice atmosphere

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We found our meal at Escobar to be a delight. My tilapia with its corn cream sauce was very good and my wife found her pasta with avocado and cilantro sauce to be one of the nicest dishes she has had in a long time. Obviously the chef has a way with sauces. The setting was romantic and inique artwork on the walls helped to make the meal even more enjoyable. We will return.

2  Thank ballman
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The emphasis seems to be on meat and sweet here. Meat portions were large. Bread that accompanied the meal had a dusting of cinnamon sugar as did ripe, fried plantains that came with my very moist but sweet chicken mole--the plate included both a small leg and a breast. Enjoyed the roasted asparagus and carrots, and the black beans were okay, but I didn't care for the black bean rice. I'm a big rice eater, but the I found this to be pretty tasteless. My husband didn't care for his corn-tomato rice either for the same reason. He had filet migon/andouille sausage kabobs with peppers and onion. They were flavorful and cooked rare as requested--it turned out to be very filing for him. Our waiter was strangely unhelpful in helping us choose between entrees since this was our first time eating here. I asked a bus girl for advice, and she gave more informed guidance to make a choice. Decor and ambience created a relaxed environment to enjoy food. The only drawback I feel is the neighborhood--we felt better with our car parked on the curb just outside the restaurant window!

2  Thank cinzian
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Great and interesting food in a well decorated fun restaurant. Not overly noisy. Service was a little off--slow to get a response from our waiter. The food made up for it though.