“Great restaurant most of the time”
Review of Biaggi's

Biaggi's
Ranked #5 of 332 Restaurants in Champaign
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Windsor Road
Description: Biaggi’s is a casual, Italian restaurant offering large portions of affordably-priced pastas, soups & salads, pizza, seafood, steaks and desserts in a comfortable, relaxing environment. Interested in placing an order for carry-out? Ask about our curbside service.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Usually when I leave this restaurant, I am a happy and satisfied customer. That was not quite my recent experience. Although the manager offered to have them fix us another serving of our overdone scallops, my friend and I did not have time to take him up on his offer. I don't think I've ever ordered scallops and left any on the plate, but I did when I was here last because they were overdone, dry, and a little over-scorched. Nothing was taken off of our bill for the poor food, and I hate paying for food and not eating it because it was not prepared well. On the other hand, I have to praise their lobster corn chowder. It was excellent - with lots of lobster. Beware that there is a bit of kick to your palate a few moments after enjoying each spoonful. I will order this again. I usually get the delicious Chicken Florentine soup and am glad I tried something different. The bread and olive oil/cheese generously brought by an attentive waitress were good as always. The ambience is relaxing, and their staff is exceptional. While we did not have dessert this night, you can't go wrong with any of the offerings here, especially the tiramisu. I'll be back, but I'll think twice about ordering the scallops...at least I know they will try to take care of it...

Reviewed October 3, 2013

While Biaggi's has never been one of my favorite restaurants, the food was usually a nice change of pace. However, when a friend and I chose to celebrate our birthdays there the evening of Oct 1st, we left with bad feelings. My soup was barely lukewarm, the rest of the food was average - and a couple of things below even that. The worst was the service. We had to call the waiter back to our table not once or twice, but at least 4 times! For water, for leftovers to take-home, for the check, for cold soup. A couple of times when we could spot him, he was visiting with other waiters at the station. I think it was his own personal social event! The only good thing was my spaghetti with marinara sauce. My friend's lobster fettuccine was nothing special. I thought I saw the manager around helping to deliver food to other tables, and walking around looking over the tables. However. he never asked us if everything was ok. Had he done that we would have given him an earful! For what it is this was expensive too. Avoid this place!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Biaggi's is a chain of Italian restaurants. The food is average, and the prices are fairly high. Check out Minneci's for Italian food in Champaign.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very nice food (not cheap) but lovely, clean restaurant and good service. Not too busy when we were there (mid-week) but I wonder if it could be noisy when full? Generous portions.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and daughter ate here when they drove up to Normal for our daughter’s job interview last year. They loved it and talked for a year about eating there the next we visited. Unfortunately we always ate somewhere else over the next year. Finally this September we decided to stop by. Arrived at 6PM and had to wait a half hour, I normally don’t wait at restaurants but we decided to anyway. We had the lasagna, pizza, and ravioli and enjoyed each one. Pros: good food, service and prices. Cons: you may have to wait but I believe they take reservations.