“Great Hotel Great Vlaue”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Chester, United States
“Great Hotel Great Vlaue”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Not luxury suites but still roomy and very clean. Hotel staff was great and super nice. Free breakfast and manager's reception in evening were better than most. This hotel is probably one of the cleanest and best ran hotels I have been in with the most helpful staff. I was very surprise with all we got for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed June 20, 2014

What a spacious place! It seemed like everything was a bit larger than life. The lobby was large, with a giant stone fireplace, the room was like an apartment and would be great for an extended stay. Overall, I enjoyed the hotel.

The room itself was comfortable and convenient. It included a nearly complete kitchen, breakfast bar, sofa, desk, king bed, and large bathroom. The bed was good and there were plenty of norma (standard) sized pillows. The shower head could have been better, as it sprayed as much on me as it did the wall.

The evening happy hour was a nice extra. While it didn't replace my dinner, I enjoyed a glass of wine and some cheese & crackers. The breakfast was very good. I found plenty of fresh fruit, cereals, waffles, and eggs. They also had a nice selection of teas, which was a treat for me.

Overall it was a nice facility, and I would stay here again and not hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: I had an odd numbered room on the second floor, away from the elevator, and it was pretty quiet. On...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
West Valley City, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The rooms have plenty of space, the kitchen and cooking options are quite nice. Overall very pleasant. The breakfast and dinner services with the hotel were really convenient, and there were lots of channels on the TV. Overall, a very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Wichita Falls, TX
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Spent the weekend in the Homewood Suites in Champaign IL and was very pleased with the room and all the accommodations. Had a one bedroom suite with mini kitchen. Bed was comfortable enough although maybe a little firmer than I am used too. Room was clean, the facility was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was nice, the food was average or fair for a morning buffet. Coffee was awesome and they had fresh fruit selections every morning. The location is near the University of Illini and there are some fun eclectic restaurants nearby. Will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, IN
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Three of us recently stayed at this location for 2 days and were immensely pleased with it. We arrived on a Thursday and left on Saturday morning. The room was large and included a separate living space, which was convenient since one of us slept on the sleeper sofa in that room. The sleeper sofa was surprisingly comfortable, by the way. The room was very clean and provided us with a small kitchen including refrigerator and microwave. Dinner is included in the room price Monday through Thursday. Our dinner on Thursday was a very hearty and delicious fajita and taco bar. Breakfast both days was equally large with choices that included eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, etc. I'd highly recommend this location and this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Dimas, CA., United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The entire staff insured all needs of residents were met. The Breakfast was fresh and excellent. The room was spacious and extremely clean and ready. I would definitely stay here again as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was my first time staying at a Homewood Suites and I was very impressed. The staff with whom I interacted were wonderfully friendly and helpful. The room was VERY clean and comfortable. I loved that the DirecTV service included the music channels in addition to the usual cable channels. I also appreciated that there was a TV in both the living room and bedroom of my suite. The "lodge" area (where breakfast and dinner are served) was also clean, comfortable, and inviting. The breakfast was pretty basic hotel fare (e.g., fruit, waffles, cereal, coffee). The free evening dinner was nice and also pretty basic. I am vegetarian, so options for me were somewhat limited, but I was able to have a more than filling dinner both evenings that I was there (for the first night I had a good-sized salad, tomato-basil soup, a jalapeno-cheese corn muffin, a chocolate chip cookie, and a glass of white wine). Although it was nothing to write home about, I enjoyed the food in general and really appreciated having that option available when I was tired after a long day.

In addition to all of the great things about the hotel itself, the location is also fantastic (less than one mile away from the university conference center) with a 24-hour Walgreens in the same parking lot and several casual dining options within a very quick walk.

I have stayed both here and at the iHotel, and while the iHotel was awesome, I would choose to stay here again if my travels bring me back to Champaign. I have absolutely no complaints about my visit: it was simply excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
La Quinta Inn Champaign
La Quinta Inn Champaign
#7 of 25 in Champaign
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana? Share your experiences!