“Excellent stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I would highly recommend these accommodations to anyone for business or pleasure trip. It was a very nice large suite. Room had everything we needed and then some. Whirl pool tub was an added extra in the suite.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

All of the staff were extremely nice to all of the CEDA people, we have been coming since August of last year and I can't think of another hotel that went out of their way to the extent the staff at Homewood Suites Champaign. From putting aside food for late arrivals, to preparing meals to accommodate some diet restrictions, and I think the overall friendliness and genuine niceness from behind the desk to cleaning the rooms, was just great. Thanks for everything and I look forward to the next chance to stay with you.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Amara E, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review, and even more thanks for your kind words! All of the staff here at Homewood sincerely enjoyed your group and you all definitely will be missed. Congratulations on finishing your training for CEDA. I, too, look forward to the next time you get a chance to visit us!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

horribly loud noise coming from the room above me. asked if they'd call the room and tell them to be quiet. nothing changed after 1 hour. called again. nothing changed. asked to be moved to different room. wouldn't accommodate. on top of that I killed a cockroach within 5 minutes of walking into the room ( I was on first floor). place was gross. will never stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am very disappointed to learn your stay with us was extremely below satisfaction. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. In keeping with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, I have processed a refund for your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the entire team here at Homewood Suites. I am aware that we could have handled these situations much better. In regards to accommodating your request to move rooms, that evening unfortunately we were sold out and had no alternative rooms available. Did the Guest Services Agent on duty explain that or offer any compensation at that time? For that, I am sorry, and I will follow up directly with the entire Front Desk staff. Thank you for bringing to my attention the insect in the room; we have an extermination company that comes weekly and this is something that we do not take lightly and it will be addressed.

I sincerely hope you consider staying with us again as an opportunity to redeem ourselves. This is not a typical situation. It would be our pleasure to provide the service and quality you deserve. I would love to hear from you with any additional concerns and questions. Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We spent two fabulous nights here and it couldn't have been better! The room was excellent, bed with pillow top very comfy, furnishings great and kitchen topnotch. The kitchen was completely furnished with dishes and cooking utensils, had a two-burner cooktop, full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and garbage disposal. The fitness center was a cut above, with two treadmills with tv screens attached, a bicycle, weight bench, free weights and exercise balls. It was well kept, clean and comfortable. We did not use the pool or sauna, but it looked clean and inviting, with adequate lounge chairs and towels. Since it was our anniversary, we were provided a bottle of wine and tray of chocolate dipped strawberries, a very nice surprise! We especially enjoyed the well-prepared breakfast and dinner buffets. It's a great comfort to have dinner provided (Mon - Thurs eves), especially when you've traveled all day and don't really feel like venturing out at night in an area you aren't familiar with, searching for a good place to eat. This hotel provides all that you could ask for. The meals include salad, soup of the day, hot entre with vegetable, wine/beer or coffee, snack cheese and crackers and dessert. Everything is prepared fresh on sight by talented, concerned staff. A menu for the month is posted in the room, so you know what will be served that night. The pleasant dining area is comfortable, convenient and surpasses many restaurant accommodations. From the time we checked in until we left, we experienced staff that were friendly, courteous and genuinely concerned about our well-being. It was impossible to get all the names of those staff members who stood out, but I would be remiss if I didn't compliment Drae, who checked us in, Jasmine, whose service in the dining room was above the call and Adam, who prepared some of the best potato crusted cod I have eaten, and ensured you were totally satisfied with the meal. And I wouldn't want to point out the outstanding breakfasts served every morning - a total breakfast menu that provided any choice you'd want. Would you like fresh red or black raspberries for your hot or cold cereal? They've got 'em! Waffles, eggs, hash browns, sausage, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, muffins, etc., etc., etc. The choice is endless and beats any other place we've stayed. I give the Homewood Suites my highest recommendation for comfort, accommodation, and their obvious desire to make your stay a pleasure and a place you'll return to. A+++

Room Tip: You can't get a bad room, but I would recommend calling to get better directions than on their w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the week for her job, Hotel was easy to find, Hotel was clean, the food both morning and evening was very good. They did have some issues from a pipe that had busted last week, the phones wouldn't work, the internet kept going in and out, but this wasn't the hotels fault.

Room Tip: top floor away from the ice machine and the stairs.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We feel very welcome during our stay. The crew were extremely helpfull and polite. The room was clean and kitchen was nice. The lobby was clean and very well arranged. Breakfast was good. Everything was perfect.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel was very clean and had a pleasant staff. It seems so many hotels are built so cheap that you hear every noise outside the room, not the case with this one. The managers reception was nice and the breakfast was good. We had 34 people in our group with a lot of kids that were wound for sound after watching the ILLINI kick some Hoosier butt! The lobby area was large enough to hold our group plus some other small groups.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family