“Great stay - room, meals, staff were all excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana

Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Orlando, Florida
“Great stay - room, meals, staff were all excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I planned a 4-night stay over Christmas and stayed 5 due to snow cancelling my flight. I stayed in a non-smoking King studio. The kitchenette was so nice with the full size fridge, microwave, 2 stove-top burners, sink and dishwasher. The bed was comfy with wonderfully soft bedding. I also especially liked the ceiling fan. The layout of the room was well-thought out. The full, hot breakfast and evening meal were delicious and the options changed every day. The workout room offered 2 treadmills, an eliptical, bike, weight bench and stability balls. Staff were very friendly and helpful from the front desk to maintenance to those staffing the dining area. Parking was plentiful and well-lit. There was a Walgreens next door and a County Market (grocery store) just a block away. I would definitely stay here again. They did everything right!

Room Tip: My preference is for a room on a high floor near the elevator. I had room 423 just around the corner...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Germantown, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Overall a good experience. Convenient to a lot of places. Especially liked the shower, nice and large. Good hot breakfast. Effect for visiting friends.

The only complaint was the sofa in the room was hard. The bed was comfy.

• Stayed December 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Homewood Suites is a great place to stay. It felt less like a hotel and more like a nice apartment. I really liked how spacious the room was, and all of the amenities that came with it (like a full size refrigerator for instance). Two flat panel TVs in our room meant there was no argument over what to watch. I tried out the continental breakfast on Sunday morning, and it was good too, with a variety of high quality offerings.

It’s one of the best hotel locations in the entire Champaign-Urbana area as well. It’s within walking distance of both the football and basketball stadiums. I even found it feasible to leave Homewood and walk to & from the main part of campus. My friend was excited about the coffee shop next to Homewood, but we ended up getting more use out of the 24 hour diner across the street!

There were two minor things I didn’t like about my stay. One was that me & my friend weren’t able to use our room keys to enter via the main entrance when we came back very late at night (the concierge checked our room key cards, but nothing was wrong with them). Also, the elevator button on the first floor was literally popped out of its instrument panel one time, but it was fixed by the next morning.

The staff was friendly and & helpful throughout the stay, and the staff members running the continental breakfast were especially fun to joke around with. You pay for what you get with Homewood, & if you’re in C-U for an extended period of time, or if you need all the extra hotel space you can get when traveling, then Homewood is an easy choice. Overall, if the price isn’t a concern to you, I’d recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CTS2003
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and couldn't have been more pleased. For a very reasonable rate, our suite gave us more than enough room to relax and visit, with super comfy beds at night. Pool and hot tub were enjoyable, breakfast was great, with above average offerings for a free breakfast. Quiet neighborhood, plenty of parking. Hotel was clean throughout, staff were wonderful. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Pluses: one of the few suite hotels in the area--I needed a room for 2 adults and 4 children;
free breakfast buffet; adequate swimming pool and vending areas for the kids;
Minuses: limited parking due to a Saturday night wedding reception at the hotel next door;
inadequate sound proofing--guests upstairs(perhaps from the wedding reception?)were noisy during the night
Overall, I would book this hotel again for a future stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 300 as far as you could get from the main lobby. Not good when traveling with kid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have stayed at a few different hotels in the Champaign/Urbana area. This was my first time at Homewood since it seems to sell out quickly, especially for U of I events such as football games, graduation, fall new student week etc. It has a very convenient location (walking distance to football stadium and a few restaurants although located on a busy street). There is also a 24 hour Walgreens adjacent. My room was very clean and overall the property seemed well maintained during a recent 2 night stay. The staff was helpful and quite willing to share opinions as well as basic info on nearby restaurants including recently opened ones I was unaware of. The only real negatives to me: 1. It is usually among the most expensive in the area (University special event dates or not) and is hard to book during University events; 2. The TV reception (by satellite) seems unusually sensitive to weather. During my recent stay, there was no TV reception for several hours twice (it rained steadily both days and hard for short periods). Usually I don't care much about hotel TV, but when the weather is bad and you'd prefer to stay in, its bad when the TV gets no reception at all for most of the evening and then again for part of the next day. For the price they set, I would hope they have more reliable amenities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I recently had a wonderful stay at Homewood Suites. The staff was outstanding, everyone was friendly, attentive, and willing to go the extra mile. In particular, Jesse the sales manager was very helpful in accommodating us. Our room was spacious and well maintained. Internet speed was the best I have ever experienced while traveling. We enjoyed the convenience of the week-day dinner buffets (no extra charge for those). We also took advantage of the outdoor gas grills that were available for use. We will definitely plan to stay at this same location the next time we are in Champaign, Ill

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family