“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Peoria IL
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed here with friends the weekend of U of I Homecoming this year. Hotel was clean. Rooms were spacious. Had a mini kitchen complete with full sized fridge, and microwave. perfect for keeping all of our drinks cold before and after the game. Breakfast was pretty darn good for a hotel and they even had free beer in the lobby before the 11am game! Impressive! All in all it was a little pricey per night but we booked with short notice and it was walking or should a say stumbling distance from Memorial Stadium and Assembly Hall. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

There was an event happening at iHotel, but I chose Homewood Suites because I'm a Diamond HHonors member. The property and room was very nice for Homewood standards, housekeeping was good, and the breakfast service was also surprisingly good and the area kept clean. Free parking (some lot sharing with the HGI next door) and free wifi. Also, a Walgreens across the street. I recommend and if I were in the area again, I'd stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had to stay here for a friends wedding so I wasn't really expecting much in the way of a hotel but I have to say I was blown away at how nice this place was. Their breakfast buffet was very good and free. The room was very spacious and comfortable. There were many restaurants within a 10 walking distance from the hotel which was very nice. The best part about the room was things were very quiet throughout the hotel so we weren't bothered by any noise. If you're planning on making a trip to Champaign, definitely keep this place high on your list you won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sheasley84
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband told me to review this for him. He stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for business. His business meetings were at the University, so this was a perfect location. He loved the dinner and drinks included with the price of the room. He also had a free breakfast. His room was clean and he had plenty of room. His bed was comfortable. He said that he will definitely be staying there again. Plus, we were able to get HHonors points.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We made this hotel our home away from home for six days around our son's wedding. It was absolutely wonderful. Several of our family were also here, and I was so glad I had suggested this hotel for their stay.

We especially appreciated the staff, who went out of their way to make us comfortable and welcome. The breakfasts and evening receptions were really good, and so convenient while we were so busy. Having books and videos available for our little grand daughter to borrow was a real plus, and the staff were so nice to her.

The facilities were always clean and well cared for. The staff was exceptional.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

By far the best hotel experience that I have had in YEARS! It may seem hard to believe, but his hotel beats out some 5 star hotels in Chicago and for half the price. The Monday evening reception features good food and drinks (our dinner), and the morning breakfast was a wide variety of fresh fruits, hot entrees, sides, etc. They do not skimp on quality. Furnishings look well placed, aesthetically pleasing, modern. Angel was the staff in the evening and very friendly. The bed was more comfy than a "heavenly" bed. Before i left, I saw the manager, Donna, and let her know what a great job her staff was doing and how I was impressed with the quality and cleanliness. Book at the Homewood Suites before the secret gets out!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank freelibran
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

So, I was visiting Champaign for a friends wedding. They had rooms blocked at this hotel and at the I-Hotel. I opted for this one because it had continental breakfast and I'm so glad I did...and for more reasons than just the breakfast!

First off, the lobby is nice and clean and the frontdesk staff greeted me the second I walked in the door. My check in was quick and efficient. This might not seem like a big deal, but I've stayed at plenty of hotels where it seems you are the first person to have EVER checked-in because it takes them so long. People checking in at hotels are usually weary travelers who do not want to wait forever to get into their room, so I really appreciated that.

Second, the room was incredibly spacious and very clean (as were all common areas). There is a kitchenette which was nice because we could keep leftovers AND a microwave to reheat! Heaven!
Third, there is a Gumby's pizza next door, 'nuff said

Fourth, and this is the real humdinger, the breakfast was NOT what I consider a continental breakfast. It was a delicious hot meal AND they changed the offering (new selection) the second day of our stay! They had scrambled eggs with chives & cheese with sausage patties on the first day (Sat) and scrambled eggs with bacon on the next. Furthermore, they have all kinds of other treats; boxed cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, cream of wheat, pastries, a large selection of teas (Tazo brand at that), and fresh fruit salad.

Last, I just want to mention a couple of the extras that really sealed the deal for me. They have free wi-fi, neutrogena hygiene products, and you can go down to the front desk and pick a DVD from their selection (not huge, but with recent releases and truly something for everyone) that you can take to your room to view....ALL FREE. Plus, I saw a sign in the elevator that said "Join us in the lobby for complimentary dinner and drinks M-Th". Now it's getting almost comical.

Now I've stayed at some very nice hotels, so it isn't like one of the Clampett's is at the helm right now. I've seen the luxuries and footed the bill and I have to say that I was easily just as comfortable here. Besides, I still find it mind boggling that fancy hotels always charge for internet. What's with that?!?!?

Dear Homewood Suites of Champaign,