“Not my pizza”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Urbana, Illinois
“Not my pizza”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A friend brought me two of their pizza slices for lunch. One was mushroom and one pepperoni but neither had much cheese, sauce, or toppings on it. I would call it pizza bread.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Great thin-crust pizza”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Thin-crust pizza is great and we're from Chicago where we have lots of options. This is one of our favorites! We were a group of 6 on a Saturday night and it was busy but we got a table right away and the service was good. Pizza does take a while but we knew it would be worth the wait. The pan style was fine but the best pizza is the thin-crust- crust and sauce are excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Doesn't live up to its reputation”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was recommended by people who had lived here and also by locals, but I don't know why. I should have been warned by the fact that there were only 4 other people in the entire restaurant at 12:30 on a weekday.

The service bordered on rude; the wait staff were more interested in watching "Pawn Stars" on the television in the corner than waiting tables. My salad was almost slammed down on the table and my pizza slice was brought at the same time, so it was cold by the time I got to it.The deep-dish crust was doughy on the top and hard (not crisp) on the bottom. It also lacked adequate sauce, resulting in a dry, flavorless slice; after a few bites, I ate the toppings and left the rest. The dressing on the salad was vinegary, and the canoli I had for dessert was soggy. It had also been rolled in a nuclear-green powder; maybe it was supposed to look like pistachios? No one checked to see if I needed anything more, and the server brought my check without asking whether I wanted to order dessert, then took a good 5 minutes to bring the canoli from the case. She did bring the ice tea refill that I said I did not want, though.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dr_QBatonRouge
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Good Pizza, its a college town. No elegance here. Its loud”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had pizza at Papadels. Pan Pizzas are very good and probably some of the best you will find outside of Chicago. Papadels pies are very thick, loaded with real mozzerella cheese and a pizza sauce with the right balance of acid, spice and sweetness. Overall this place is about Pan Pizza.

Drawbacks. This is a college town and this place is crowded, simple, cramped and very very loud. We sat in the indoor area that just has tables packed in to each other. Very cramped, very loud. Papadels has high ceilings here and really should consider adding some sound damping curtains or panels or something. Its simply too loud in here

Keep the Pizza alone mostly. Crust seems crackery crunchy on the bottom- nice, with thicker white ish dough above the cracker crust. Our pizza this time was a bit too doughy for my taste. Sausage is served as almost golf ball size lumps. Good taste on sausage. We ordered Onions on our pizza but did not see that many...I thought that was bit odd. Even though its the best Pan pizza outside Chicago area you will find.

Appetizer menu is nothing but bread. breadsticks or Garlic bread. Would really ask Papadels to add some other appetizers that are bit more healthy perhaps? In any case Pizza is bready, so we didnt order any appetizers since it was just more bread.

Pizza's take 50 minutes or longer to back here...so consider to order ahead..... because the appetizers are not going to cut it.

Atmosphere wise...simply stated...there isnt any. This place is run down and basic. Nothing fancy, pizza and table...silverway rolled in paper napkin.

• Visited September 2013
Urbana, Illinois
“slow, takes too long”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

we came shortly before noon and the tables in the front area were full. our order took too long. it was for one cheese slice and a gluten free pizza for me, not difficult. my wife got bread sticks but that was the last we heard from our server for over an hour. we asked that our pizzas be boxed up. it came a few minutes later. I thought that my wife's slice of cheese was very thick and had a lot of pizza sauce.

I understand that they have just started the gf crust, I would still prefer monicals or Jupiters for gluten free.

• Visited August 2013