“Good Pizza, salads not so good, breadsticks are not”
Review of Papa Del's Pizza - CLOSED

Papa Del's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We hd the deep dish pizza, which was very good. However you order a basic cheese pizza and all items are an additional cost, with some items, such as bacon, are considered 2 items. It takes 45 minutes for the pizza to be cooked. The salad is not anything to get excited about. It is basically iceberg lettuce, with very little toppings of mozarella cheese, olives, sliced onions, green peppers. The ranch dressing is good, the blue cheese is terrible. The only appetizers offered are breadsticks, which seemed to be loaves of bread cut into strips. The garlic sauce is good.

I would recommend only the pizza.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Fantastic deep dish pizza. The wait was worth it. Don't go in expecting a table, service or food quickly. Even at the end of June with the majority of U of I empty, this place was packed. The wait staff was uber busy and it showed. Utilize your time wisely, know what you want so when we do get a server your ready. Go for the stuffed pizza, large (they are well attuned to wrapping up leftovers). You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Reminds me of what we could get growing up in Chicago. Expect a wait, but you can carry out as well. Delicious.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went to U of I so I had Papa Del's before but that was a long time ago. I am a fan of Chicago style pizza and have been to the famous restaurants in Chicago. A recent trip to Champaign to show my daughter the campus and hang out a bit lead us to Papa Del's. I didn't remember how good the pizza was. I am glad we took the trip. The pizza was great and the the price was right. we spent $24 on a large pizza which easily fed 4 of us with leftovers. We saw others order the "thin crust" pizza and it was no wimpy thin crust at all. They should probably just call it "thinner crust" because others would consider it thick. The sausage was great and I could just eat that on a sandwich or in my spaghetti. I would highly recommend this place!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Not my kind of pizza. A lot of dough, like A LOT and after one slice you can't breathe anymore... nahh...