“Quiet, peaceful, comfortable.”

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
“Quiet, peaceful, comfortable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

I was in town to look at the university. The hotel's location was great -- very close to a really good pizza place -- the room was clean and very comfortable, and the staff was very cordial. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, August 21, 2010
Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at our Country Inn & Suites in Champaign, Illinois.
My staff and I take great pride in offering the highest quality of customer service to each and every guest that stays at our Country Inn & Suites.
My Housekeeping Department as well prides themselves on their extra thoughtful care and cleanliness of the guestrooms.
Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
The Hotelesis Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

Enjoyed a one bedroom suite - very comfortable and quiet. Breakfast selection was pretty good. Staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at our Country Inn and
Suites in Champaign. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our two room
King Suites with a dividing door that seperates the bedroom from the living
area. As you may have noticed we have recently upgraded our breakfast to
include items like a yogurt bar and a waffle station with toppings to choose
from.

Thanks again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

Hi, I have never stay in your hotel before but I wanted to ask some questions before making a decision. I have been sending emails to your hotels for the past 1 week and had not receive any answers from you all thats why I resolve to this method to contact your hotel. I have seen comments with regards to your hotel and wants to make some clearification.

1) I read that you have shuttle service to UIUC is that true?
2) I am coming from Chicago 'O Hara airport, taking the Lincoln express, I would like to know where to drop off
3) I would like to know if I book your hotels in muti states, is there any discount?

Hope to hear from you all soon

Thanks
My email is : t16mytm@hotmail.com

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
I'm sorry that your emails were not responded to, but unfortunately the
address you had was not correct.

The Country Inn & Suites in Champaign, IL does indeed offer a free shuttle
service for our guests. Please make arrangements prior to arrival, and we
will be happy to help. In fact, we are happy to help travelers with any
questions or concerns to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future. We'll have you saying, "I
love this Country."

Van Nuys, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facilities were clean and inviting. I particularly appreciated Dawn in the breakfast room, who kept the food well-stocked and the room spotless. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
It's great to hear back from our guests on how their experience was at our
Country Inn & Suites in Champaign, Illinois. Our mission is to offer our
guests with the best customer service possible as well as providing a clean
and comfortable room.

I'm glad you enjoyed our free breakfast buffet, featuring a new menu with
hot and cold entrees, including scrambled eggs, meat patties, potatoes and
biscuits with gravy; as well as fresh fruit, a parfait bar and a waffle
station. I have shared your kind comments with Dawn in the breakfast room as
a reward for a job well done.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the near
future.

Mukwonago, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

From check in to check out everything was great. Staff "Kacie" went out of her way to keep everyone on the baseball team comfortable. We had a team dinner and the dining facility was perfect and roomy along with a nice area with a sofa and chairs to watch tv as a group - just like a great room in your home. We brought grandma with us and she even commented on how comfortable the pull out sofa bed was. Rooms were clean and well layed out. Baseball team had fun in the pool area. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in North Champaign. Breakfast that is served daily was awesome. Very good food and something for everyone on the breakfast bar. The only recommendation would be for tournaments that they have maps for the teams to get to all the diamonds since they are spread out for tournaments. All staff was very helpful at all times of the day and night. GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!! Cindy M, Mukwonago, WI

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Hotelier09, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience about your most recent stay at our Country Inn & Suites in Champaign, IL.

I would agree with you that Kacie and the staff does do a great job of taking care of all of our guests. I look forward to sharing your comments with my staff, to reward them for their hard work.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Glenview, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

Having a son at the U of I we get down to Champaign fairly often. This place has made us feel like regulars, from Kacee at the front desk to Steve the building guy. Biggest problem is the LOUD AC in the locked closet, and the alarm that went off in the closet at 7 am. The other gripe is the TV reception--the signal lost color for most of our recent stay (plus, I'm beginning to expect to have LCD TV's in my room when I travel, which this hotel does not). Our service experience, especially with Kacee, trumps these problems, however, and we look forward to future visits.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at our Country Inn & Suites in Champaign IL. My staff and I take great pride in offering quality customer service to all our guests.
I have shared your kind comments with our Assistant Manager Kacie and our Maintenance Chief Steve, as a pat on the back for a job well done.
I also appreciate your bringing to my attention the problem you encountered with the A/C noise in your guestroom. After researching you concerns, my Maintenance staff did not find any abnormal noises or malfunctioning parts. We will continue to monitor this in the up coming months.
We are currently in the process of renovating our property so you can expect to see new high-definition TVs in the very near future.

Thanks you once again for your feedback.

cullom,il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

nothing good about this hotel .worst country inn and suites i have ever stayed at .first room smells bad like smoke,computer chair is broken,go to the bath room in a strobe light ,bathroom light keeps flashing off and on , then we go down to the pool and the hottub is cold and only 1 or 2 jets work and the swimmong pool is colder

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank v213809
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
I am sorry to hear that you’re most recent stay with us was unsatisfactory. It is our mission to impress our guests and in your case we failed to do so.

After speaking with this guest by phone, we are pleased that they have accepted our offer of a free night stay at our property, to allow us to reinstore their faith in us. We apologize for any inconveniences.

We look forward to seeing this guest again in the near future.