“Most Awesome Stay Ever”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Champaign

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bolingbrook
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Nice large room work well for three adults. Probably wouldn't return. Full trash cans in the common areas and outside. If you can't empty the trash when needed, what else isn't being cleaned properly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Chicago
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay tremendously. When I visit Champagne again I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to this survey. I am very gratified to read that you found my staff so friendly and that we impressed you enough to make you think of us first on your next trip.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice when American Airlines stranded me at the Champaign airport. Both times the hotel staff came and got me on the shuttle at weird times and helped me out tremendously. The customer service is impeccable.

I break my reviews down into sections, then average them for a total score.

Appearance:
Better than average hotel for a "newer" hotel. Although it looks pretty typical, the hotel is nice and the grounds are nice. There are benches outside and it is part of a business complex that is well kept and despite having a large parking lot around it, it looks pretty nice.

Interior/Lobby
It's quite nice. Not perfect, but it is up to date, bright, and clean. It isn't too overdone and doesn't have that typical dark green, dark wood feel. It actually feels quite inviting.

Room
Rooms are nice. Both times I got a mini-suite and it had a separate area with a couch and desk, then a bed, with a bit of a bar/kitchen (no stove) with a fridge, microwave and sink. The bed is nice and so is the sleeping area. The room was quiet and the wireless internet was fast.

Bed/Sleep
I slept great. Maybe it was because I was exhausted from being stranded, but the bed is comfy and the room was dead-quiet.
Score: 5 Stars

Customer Service
Excellent. I called from the airport and they came and got me, both times. They were super nice, super sympathetic (perhaps with American Airlines as the only airline here they are used to it) and accommodating. Couldn't be better.
Score: 5 Stars

Breakfast
Decent and above average. Coffee was typical hotel and the orange juice wasn't very good. However the quality and the variety of the food is better than average and you can have a custom omelette cooked to order. Plus there are real plates, glasses and silverware. This is a plus.

Environment
Above average for this area. There is some recycling. Cups and glasses in the room are no disposable. Light bulbs are CFL and they have a towel/bed no wash policy. The bathroom lights are timed to turn off automatically as well. In the breakfast room, cups, plates, glasses (etc.) are all real and no styrofoam.
Score: 4 Stars

I didn't get to use any so I am going to skip this rating. I believe there is a gym a business center and a pool. Maybe next time I will get to rate this part.

Overall Score 4.33, rounded down to 4.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Wow, thank you for the extremely detailed review. I am glad we were able to accommodate you when you were having trouble with the airlines and very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you and I hope that if your travels bring you back to Champaign you will consider staying with us again.