“Very nice but showing its age a bit”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Washington, IL
“Very nice but showing its age a bit”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference and was pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of my room; the area just beyond the door was open with a small couch and coffee table, and to the left was a desk and mini bar complete with a small sink, microwave, coffee maker, and fridge. The room was very clean and tidy. A/C was your typical hotel A/C that was a little on the noisy side but worked very well and kept the room cool. Wi-fi internet was fast. Bathroom and linens were fine, and I especially appreciated the raised shower head (I'm 6'4'')! Hotel was pretty quiet even though my room was near the main central elevators.

For breakfast I wasn't very hungry and only snagged a banana and a pear to take back to my room, but they were both good. Their breakfast area is larger than your standard cheapo hotel area and had about 12-14 tables if I recall correctly, and it's a good thing b/c they were pretty busy. The hotel staff was very pleasant, courteous, and professional. The parking is somewhat limited at this hotel, but there are overflow lots you can park at for free if you don't mind walking a little bit. This would have been much more unpleasant in bad weather, but fortunately for me it was beautiful outside during my stay.

My only complaint is a minor one, just in general the property is showing its age a bit, but the staff does a great job of upkeep and I felt everything was clean and well taken care of.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the extremely thorough review and I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I understand you observation that the facility seems to be getting a little worn. In point of fact we are about to roll out a huge upgrade including new carpeting, new drapery and new linens. These should be installed throughout the hotel by September.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dolton
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I believe our bill was $223.0 and some change, however it appeared on our bank statement as $243.00 and some change. Otherwise our stay at your fine hotel was very pleasant and comfortable. Really loved your king size bed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family