Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Indianapolis
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My bathroom toilet flooded had problem with the service desk manager only credit my bill with only $15 off. Claim she did not no if we were in the room to make the toilet flood. I tried to explain to her we had been out of the room all day we were in the city for a basketball conference. I also explained to her that once i arrived to the hotel that evening I informed front desk that my heater ccomes on for only 20 seconds and my room was cold. Service guy had to come to my room to fix the heater. Did not work threw the night. Not a happy weekend at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Godfrey, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Staff is friendly with the exception of the front desk. Seems as though each time someone walked through the entrance of the hotel, the front desk staff went out of their way to avoid any eye contact or greeting. Housekeeping and the breakfast staff are superior! Love the omelet bar! Only recommendation is to increase the speed of the cook. He made omelets as if he only had one lonely customer. Speed would increase my tipping.

Bathrooms really need some attention. The tile in my bathroom was cracked in several places. The tub in my bathroom had several cracks and a couple of holes. Under the circumstances housekeeping does an excellent job.

• Stayed February 2013
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize if my front desk was less than perfectly attentive. As it happens, we have just started to replace the tile in the hotel bathrooms as part of our ongoing measures to provide the most up-to-date facility. Obviously styles, tastes and fashions are changing constanty and it is impossible to keep up with them in every aspect, but we are constantly working to ensure we don't fall behind the curve.
Bolingbrook
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

A perfect omelette made to order thanks to a friendly chef. Comfy beds, wonderful writing desk and comfortabe couch. I look forward to coming here every year. The rooms are very big and quiet. Free breakfast is a nice bonus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We look forward to your visit every year and I am very happy to read such a positive review. You know, very few people ever comment on the oversized desks we feature in our rooms. Unlike many other hotels that give their guests a tiny little desk with the depth of a tv stand, our desks are basically half the size of a double bed with plent of space for a lap top, a whole swath of papers and take out dinner. I hope another business traveller comes along and reads this review. Thank you again for taking the time to respond to your stay.