“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

WOW, we were expecting a typical chain experience, but this hotel is a notch above. Friendly service, clean facility, breakfast served on stoneware dishes with real silverware, an omelet station at breakfast - we felt spoiled!
The front desk does ask you to sign off on a no smoking policy and parking info as they want to be certain that you are clear about expectations and what will happen if you ignore them(the surrounding businesses have been known to tow cars parked in their spaces)
Located close to all we wanted to do on our weekend girls getaway.
Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the review! I am glad to hear we impressed on your recent stay. Our breakfast is one of our points of pride and I strive to have a staff that is just as impressively friendly. I hope you think of us the next time you're looking to get away!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I was put on the third floor during my visit. The housekeeper I had was rude. She didn't bother to greet me after I told her good morning. She was on the telephone speaking in such negative language about being cheated on. She held this same conversation in front of my door for 30 min straight. I called down to the front desk to speak with the manager but the teenager that answered saying she wasn't available and quickly hung up on me. First and last time stay here. Don't waste your money here paying for the ghetto housekeepers and their pathetic lives. Go to the Hilton.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank SheilaF3
Thank you for your response. I apologize that more wasn't done at the time, that obviously is not that way we want to do business and the employee has been spoken to and disciplined, the content of her conversation doesn't even so much matter as she shouldn't have been on the phone in a public area in the first place. Feedback like this is very important to me. I hope you'll reconsider us in the future and give me an opportunity to win back your business.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Typically stay with another major brand, but chose this as everything else was booked up. Turned out to be a very nice facility. Didn't have my rewards number handy at check in and they weren't able to look it up either. Had to research it on my own and have them tag it to my reservation. Did not care fo rthe fact that they make you sign a form stating you won't smoke in the room, and that you understand their parking policy/locations. That part made me fel like I was staying at a bottom feeder hotel. Room had a nice appearance, and had excellent space. Sleeper sofa available to allow for more sleeping space, seperate desk/work area, and kitchinette with microwave and small fridge. Bathroom is split with tub & toilet in a seperate room, and the sink/vanity outside & part of the main room. Bathroom floor tile was about the oldest feature of the room. Bed was comfortable. Only complaint about the room was the paper thin door to the adjoining room. Breakfast area was tight but had room for a lot of people. Made to order omlettes were just right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a thorough review. I understand your feelings about signing the extra smoking and parking policy sheets. We mainly do this because every so often someone checking in at the end of a long day on the road or in meetings will drift off when we tell them about parking, it has been my experience that just telling someone they could be towed isn't the same as making them sign a piece of paper that tells them the same thing.