“Finally, decent thai food in Champaign”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Let's Take a Seat - CLOSED

Let's Take a Seat
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Champaign, Illinois
“Finally, decent thai food in Champaign”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

After reading limited reviews, we stopped in for lunch in early March 2012. Wonderful tea selection and menu to match. Service was extraordinary and we hope this place gains in popularity. Solid menu...not to diverse, but enough variety to please about anyone. Highest quality ingredients and a nice dining room make this a good selection for lunch or dinner. We will definitely return.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank pulpoeater

Champaign, Il
“awesome thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I eat here more than any other place in town. its great thai food, a great atmosphere and friendly staff. really enjoyed the red curry duck the last time I was there. the pad see ewe is my recurring favorite.

6 Thank todc
Champaign, Illinois
“Great local gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I ate at this restaurant after discovering his favorite pizza place had moved across town. We had an appetizer (steamed pot stickers), soup (vegetarian/tofu), entree (yellow curry), AND a dessert (the white truffle) for just under $30!! I took most of the soup and a little of the entree home for leftovers the next day. You should try this place!!

Visited December 2011
7 Thank Tschussle
Champaign, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Change noodle A to noodle be can cost you $7 on a lunch item”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

I went there for LUNCH with my coworkers and ordered an item from the LUNCH menu that I thought was interesting. Except that the fat wide noodles didn't seem too appealing to me to so I asked for a different kind of noodle. The waitress said of course no problem. The food was excellent and the service was good. Then I was slammed with a $13.65 bill for what I expected to be $7.50 + tax. I thought something must be wrong so I told the waitress.
Her reply: "Oh no, you asked for that noodle, so we charged you for the dinner size".
I am like: "And when did you tell me that?"
She replies: "It is known that the noodle you asked for is only available on the dinner menu!!"
I couldn't argue with them there in front my coworkers so I just left and called later. They insisted that it was my fault, but they said they would do me a "favor" and charge me for the lunch price; but they had to charge a $1.50 for the substitution!!. I told them again that I wasn't informed that I would be charged anything. They wouldn't budge! It's only a couple of bucks; but regardless of the amount, I felt cheated!
Bottom line, they lost me as a customer, I will veto any of my coworkers ever suggesting this place for our team lunch outings and I will caution people from dealing with them.
If they treat their first time customers like this, THEY WILL NOT LAST! And I sure hope they don't!
Golden Wok on University is not as nice of a setting, but their food is the best in town and their people a truly nice people

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank FBEN221
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Thai restaurant in CU”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

My wife and I visited CU in summer 2011 for our son's graduation, and we went to celebrate at LTAS (the abbreviation they use, which I find it catchy and sophisticated in taste). We all had a great time and my son even mentioned that it was one of his best meals and a great reward for his graduation. My wife and I were surprised an amazing Thai restaurant in a small town like Champaign-Urbana. We love the ambience and the decor, which would do itself a great deed in Chicago or other big cities. The dishes we ordered were just well prepared and tasted delicious.

Just in early October, my wife insisted to have dinner at LTAS on our way to Carbondale. The lady staff remembered us and took care of us well. Once again, our dinners were excellent, and we both grabbed ourselves a glass of Thai Iced tea and Thai iced lemon tea to have on the way. We will definitely take a seat at LTAS when we happen to be in Champaign area. Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2011