“Great food and beer”

Ranked #1 of 328 Restaurants in Champaign
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church & Neil St.
Description: DESTIHL(R) Restaurant - Champaign is two amazing worlds merged into one: the fusion of craft beer and artisan foods. We are a growing gastrobrewpubTM concept which creatively combines and reinvents craft beer and full-flavored dishes from America's melting pot using many local ingredients and both modern and traditional techniques. Our mission is to fill our gastrobrewpubs with fun, energy and passion for great artisan food and beers while providing a 'down to earth', high level of service.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

When visiting my daughter at the U of I, we decided to try this place. I am so glad that I did. The food was excellent. The service was good. You could tell it was a newer restaurant in the downtown district, but that didn't matter. It was packed! They have a great variety of house brews. Something for everyone. Have some patience, since if it is packed, the servers do get just a little backed up. But their attitude and the food and beer definetly made it worth it!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

If you want a beer here, you will have only choices of beers brewed here, OH YAH!!! I was traveling back from a training trip with a business associate. We entered the establishment at 8pm on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was about 70% full. This means that it took a little while for service to attend to us and is the reason for the slight service downgrade. The fall harvest special was a Pumpkin Porter. This brew was exceptional with significant olfactory enhancement to the beer. The pumpkin and pumpkin spices were extremely carefully carefully blended to add a subtle sweetness and a spicy finish. I had the pork torta sandwich which was loaded with sweet potato fries. The bun was very good and the chopped pork was very tasty and spicy. This was a very different restaurant in that there were a number of vegetarian dishes, my business associate ordered the stuffed Poblamo pepper and ended up boxing half the dish for lunch the following day. I put together a mini flight which included a farm beer, a german alt beer that was very good, a red lager that was also very good and an American dark stout advertised as having assertive hop taste, but I felt that there was an excellent coffee finish to the stout. This stout definitely does not taste like peat, I was tempted to buy a growler. The menu items are astoundingly widely variable. There is something on the menu for any taste. There is a sister restaurant in Normal, IL. I plan on coming back in the near future. Pricing is very affordable for the quality of both the food and the beer!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We went to this restaurant for dinner based upon a meal my wife and daughter had at their other location in Normal, Il. My wife and daughter both ordered the salmon planked on cedar (they really enjoyed this at the other location). When the food arrived both my wife and daughter said the salmon was incredibly salty. They did their best to scrap off the excess salt but the salmon still wasn't good . The server was new and was not particularly good at coming back to the table so they could return their food. When he did return they told him the food was excessively salty. He said he would tell the chef. Instead of offering to compensate for the poorly prepared salmon or offering to bring them salmon that wasn't so salty, they offered us free smores! What does that have to do with a main entree that was poorly prepared! The manager of this restaurant should be trained in customer service. We paid full price for a poorly prepared meal for 2 out of 3 people at the table. The proper response should have been to offer to compensate us on the check or offer to prepare a new entree. We were greatly disappointed especially after our experience at there other location in Normal, Il.

3  Thank Georgespicer
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Start with the beer batter asparagus! The salmon and warm potato salad is not what you expect delicous

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had a great time at Destihl. Our waiter was over and above friendly/helpful and the food was good (not great, good.) The atmosphere was fun and friendly. It is located downtown where there are many eclectic stores and other eateries, coffee shops, and bars. We had a great time.

1  Thank MLFsmiles13