“Lovely decor and good food, too!”
Review of DESTIHL-Champaign

DESTIHL-Champaign
Ranked #1 of 321 Restaurants in Champaign
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church & Neil St.
Description: DESTIHL(R) Restaurant & Brew Works is two amazing worlds merged into one: the fusion of craft beer and artisan foods. We are a growing gastrobrewpubTM concept which creatively combines and reinvents craft beer and full-flavored dishes from America's melting pot using many local ingredients and both modern and traditional techniques. Our mission is to fill our gastrobrewpubs with fun, energy and passion for great artisan food and beers while providing a 'down to earth', high level of service.
Charleston, IL
“Lovely decor and good food, too!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a fairly new restaurant in the downtown area. Plenty of parking in the garage that's next door. The food is creative with unique menu selections, yet, very midwestern. I had delicious pot roast sandwich and my brother enjoyed the home made soup and good bread. The beer selection is wonderful . If you like great beer, and good food, this is the place to go.
Waitstaff was very accommodating and helpful. It's upscale casual.

• Visited July 2011

• Korean first
Champaign, Illinois
“Beer Battered Bacon”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The title says it all. If you go you MUST try the Beer Battered Bacon appetizer. Most amazing food on the planet! This place is also a brewery and though I don't drink myself the folks I was with were raving about the beers. Besides triple-B (Beer Battered Bacon), the other food I'v e had there is also very good and unique. Their chipotle espresso BBQ sauce is finger and plate licking good. This has to be the new number 1 restaurant in Champaign/Urbana.

Key Largo, Florida
“Just OK.”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This is a relatively new restaurant/brew pub in downtown Champaign. The place wafts aromas of hops and wheat, which appeal to me, but to some might be a turn-off. Many brews are hand-crafted onsite. I tried one of the lagers and thought it was quite good. The food was average at best and a little on the pricey side for a college town. I had the bison burger which was a little gamey. I wonder if it had gone beyond its expiration date. My friends each had the spicey shrimp pasta. This was delicous. The shrimp were plentiful, of a decent size and the pasta had a very nice "kick" to it. The menu has enough variety to please everyone. We chose to sit outside and people watch, which is a nice alternative in the summer.

2 Thank OCDLisa
Champaign, Illinois
“Nice ambience, great food..”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I chose Destihl to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. We used the online reservation system, which is very nice to use. I was disappointed in the fact that we asked for a quiet romantic table via the online system, but when we arrived they tried to put us in the middle of the restaurant. I politely asked if we could have a booth along the wall that was empty and they granted our request. The booths are very cozy / tall and private. The service was excellent and the food was too. I ordered the Dijon chicken with sweet potatoes and asparagus, it was just the right portions and tasted delicious. My husband ordered the Jambalya and it too had great flavor and portion size. He also sampled some of the beer that they brew right in house and was pleased with the prices and flavors offered. The prices were fair and we enjoyed our time there. We do plan to return.

1 Thank Frugal_In_IL
Peotone, Illinois
“Nice lunch place in downtown Champaign”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Great service for a good, quick lunch. We had the lunch combo of 1/2 soup/salad or sandwich, which was a good value at $8.95. They have a bunch of microbrews and you can try a four oz glass for only a dollar. Nice alternative to many fast food places in town.