“Not sure why this got even four good reviews.”
Review of My Thai Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
My Thai Restaurant
Ranked #176 of 332 Restaurants in Champaign
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The food wasn't any better than take out Chinese. The price was too high for the quality of the food. The atmosphere is no existent. This place used to be an old pancake dinner.

2  Thank Dinner217

Reviewed October 22, 2011

When you visit a restaurant that combines sushi and Thai, you probably shouldn't expect much. We ordered Thai, specifying medium-spicyt, since my wife's threshold of heat tolerance is considerably lower than mine. Just for good measure, I requested some prig nam pla on the side (that usually has the added benefit of conveying to the server that I know what I'm doing). Both my wife and I, however, found the food to be so hot that it was virtually inedible. When we summoned our server and described the problem, she bowed and smiled, but did not offer to make any changes (I suspect that she didn't understand what we were saying). Another server attempted to justify the situation by explaining that our order had been taken by the sushi server, not one of the Thai employees, but again no substitutions were offered. Although the requested prig nam pla wouldn't have helped in this case, it turned out to be fish sauce only, without the usual additions of lime juice and hot pepper. All in all, a very disappointing experience.

2  Thank MichiganBanjoMan
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Champaign is a dump. But this restaurant isn't. We were quite surprised to find a really nice Japanese & Thai restaurant in this town. The service was super friendly & fantastic, the food was delicious, the portions were big enough to put a smile on your face and dishes tasted close to the real things, (the sushi was pretty darn good & the pad thai was excellent), the place was clean, & so were the bathrooms. It isn't run down on the inside at all. We even ordered an extra dish to go after we tasted how good it was. I can see why this place consistently gets 5 star reviews.

1  Thank JennyOD
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We visit My Thai fairly frequently (1 x month) or whenever the urge for delicious Thai or Japanese food strikes us. Although we have our favorites on the menu, the menu provides plenty of options for every guest. With vegans in the family, it is nice to be able to ask the staff which dishes meet our needs, and when a mistake is made (for instance, eggs in a dish that did not list eggs in the description), the staff quickly replace the plate with no fuss.

Additional thoughts: The location is extremely convenient on the west side of town, and the parking lot has plenty of room even when they are busy. The layout and decor of the restaurant is standard, but again the staff make the difference here. We really appreciate the courteous and quick service at My Thai!

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My Thai is a wonderful Thai and Japanese cuisine restaurant. The food has always been top notch each and every time we have visited. The staff are extremely polite, fast and efficient. They serve sushi, soup, salads, curries, noodles, tempura, stir fry and many other great dishes. The wonderful Thai flavors come through every time. The sushi has been excellent as well with great presentation and taste. We have visited the establishment several times and the food and service have been consistently good.

The building that My Thai is currently in on the west side of town has been a number of successful restaurants that have since moved on to bigger and better space. As such the outside is not immediately recognizable as a Thai restaurant. Inside they did a nice job of making the space as nice as possible in the footprint they had to work with. If you don't mind a sitting in a booth while eating some wonderful food then this is the place to head for wonderful East Asian food prepared and served by authentic East Asian folks.

1  Thank gbsinkers