“Goodbye Ruby Tuesday”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Ruby Tuesday has always been a favorite of ours in any city that we visit. We have dined at least once a month at our local RT in Champaign, IL since it opened approx. 8 years ago. Our hometown RT has gone, unfortunately, from good to bad over the past 6-12 months.

Today, the final straw. Our ticket was $37.65 (chk 4465) plus a $5 tip for three people for day old Minis and french fries. There is no doubt in my mind, it was yesterdays food re-heated. All of it. The service was lackluster. The manager came up to ask about our meal before we'd even taken a bite, so hard to judge. I decided to not make a scene in front of my family, but we all rated the experience as poor on the drive home, and we won't be coming back. With a bill of nearly $15 per person, when tip is added, there are so many choices in the local area, there's no reason we should return to the RT as it sinks.

Goodbye RT. We loved you when you were new and tried. Now, you've sunk lower than the other 40 eateries within a mile of your Champaign location willing to give us fresh, hot food for 2/3 the price of RT.

1  Thank Smythe77654

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went in on a Friday night. We were seated at a table for 2 then after 30 minutes of being ignored, we left. We went to the front to ask if someone was going to wait on us and were told we would have to be patient but no one ever came after 30 minutes so we left

1  Thank Robin N
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very good food....love the variety!! The atmosphere is good. A great stop for family or business. The Talapia is one of my favorites.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We visit this Ruby Tuesday restaurant probably about once a month. The best thing about the restaurant is the salad bar. The items on the salad bar are always exceptionally fresh and good tasting.

The menu is varied and has something for every taste. I appreciate that Ruby Tuesday's marks low-calorie options on menu items that meet a low calorie criteria. I just wish there were more of them!

The garlic biscuits served with each meal are good, but I don't think they hold a candle to Red Lobster's garlic cheddar biscuits.

The wait staff at Ruby Tuesday's is always very friendly and accommodating, and they take the time to converse a little with us and our guests. It makes it feel a little more personal and not just "I'm Joe and I'm your waiter and I want to serve you fast and turn the table."

We'll return to Ruby Tuesday's in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

What can you say? It's a typical "Ruby Tuesday's" restaurant. Lots of eye candy, the food tastes good, but you can't help wondering how everything comes out looking the same, every time you eat there.

The service at this location was good - we got our food, and there were no flubs in the order. All in all, it was a good dinner.