“Froyo near campus”

Cocomero
Ranked #7 of 11 Dessert in Champaign
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed June 9, 2014

It's self-serve frozen yogurt. Is this a new concept to you? If so, welcome to America!

It loses a star for not handing out tiny cups to sample the flavors. The guy at the counter said the U of I students tend to abuse the privilege. So thanks, Thieving Illini!

Toppings were fresh and the yogurt was tasty. It was also cool that it has a second floor, so you can climb the stairs to look out toward campus.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went to Cocomero once, and will never return. The texture, taste, and consistency of their so-called "froyo" was pretty disgusting. It was very icy, and not "yogurt-y" enough for my liking. They did, however, have a good selection of toppings- which I had to drown my froyo in to make it more tolerable. Do not recommend it.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Cocomero is probably the best frozen yogurt place I've been to. It beats the likes of the well-known Pinkberry and Red Mango, and even the lesser known Tutti Frutti and Sweet Frog.

In fact, I don't think I can accurately call this cafe a frozen yogurt place anymore. In addition to the pay-by-weight frozen yogurt plus toppings feature, Cocomero offers bubble teas, coffees, and bing soo.

This place is always lively as many college students frequent Cocomero all throughout the day. It's also a bonus that the staff here is also amazing.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Cocomero has a very fun and cheery atmosphere, and the fro-yo is good. But every time I go there, I say it's the last time because it is ridiculously expensive. Go there once for the experience, but after that, save your $. Too bad Yogurtland hasn't opened shops in a few midwest college towns. Their price is 20 cents cheaper per ounce than Cocomero.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Most of the flavors were just your average. There were a few new ones we had never tried and asked for a sample. Cocomero does not give samples--i have never heard of this at a frozen yogurt shop--so you just have to either risk it and hope you like it, or possibly miss out on your new favorite. We don't think this is a good way to get return business if you aren't even allowed a small taste. While the yogurt we had wasn't bad, we probably won't be going back.