Candlewood Suites Champaign-Urbana Univ Area
$109
La Quinta Inn Champaign(Champaign)(Great Value!)
$82
$72
$65
$104
$48
All reviewsexceptional staffihg hotelsfront deskfull kitchenqueen suiterooms are cleannice roomfree breakfastkitchenettecampuspetcollegeconferenceinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Needed a place to stay in my old hometown for a work business trip. This place had great reviews and I booked it.

Check in I waited 15 minutes but staff was nice and hotel was clean and high quality.

Got to my room and it was larger than I expected and super clean. Up to this point I would have given this place a 5 star rating.

Here's the kicker and I should've known. The end of said business trip was wispy washy so I called on Wednesday afternoon after finding out that I may be leaving earlier than anticipated. I was told that I could cancel UP TO 6pm THE DAY OF. I confirmed this a few times with the lady on the phone. I DID check out on Thursday at 5:40, as soon as I was off work. The lady at checkout stated that this was the case except for that night they were sold out and this was only the case had I checked out before 5pm.

So needless to say this is a nice quality decently priced hotel but the staff doesn't have a clue what the rules are.

If you want to give your money away, I can think of better ways!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JoshM232
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Champaign-Urbana Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear JoshM232,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the miscommunication you received while staying with us and will review your comments with my team in hopes of better serving our Guests. It sounds like we were mistakenly communicating the cancellation policy to you, but you were already staying with us, so we should've been communicating the check-out time and policy. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know and the next time you are in the area I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Looks and feels brand new. The usual courteous front desk staff. Very accommodating. Would highly recommend it. Great location for those visiting the U of I - Urbana-Champaign campus. Very pet friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank S G
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Champaign-Urbana Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Greetings From Your Friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the nice comments. We hope to see you and your pet again soon!

Laura and Team!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Visited Champaign for our daughter's interview at U of I Vet College just over night. We even had to take our dog at the last minute. The front desk staff was very friends and helpful. There was always someone there during our many trips to the pet area outside. Our room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. I would not hesitate to book a room again. They made our trip with a pet a great experience.

Room Tip: Second floor room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jodi H
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Champaign-Urbana Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Greetings From Your Friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay. We are happy to hear that we were able to take care of you and your pet. We love being able to accommodate four legged family members and try to make traveling with them as stressless as possible. We wish your daughter luck and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel! I would definitely stay again. Everything was clean and organized. The staff was courteous and friendly. The location was perfect for my needs. I had an amazing experience.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank dragonflyluver
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Champaign-Urbana Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Greetings from your Friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. So many people trust Trip Advisor reviews to guide them towards a memorable experience, and your wonderful comments will be read by many. We do our best to provide clean and quiet accommodations, so we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate you recognizing Justin's efforts. It's always great to hear one of the team members really make a difference in someone's stay. We are glad you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for a couple months actually. The staff was really pleasant. The hotel is really comfortable and clean. Had no complaints. Really quiet for studying. Will come back or visit other Candlewood suites whenever I travel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank felicia m
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Champaign-Urbana Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Greetings From Your Friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you had such a great extended stay with us! It was a pleasure having you and good luck in your studies!