“It was just fine.”

Wingate By Wyndham Champaign
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Nothing fancy, but was I wanting fancy? Nope! It was centrally located, breakfast was "Free breakfast included" food. I wasn't expecting anything else. The rooms were clean and so was the pool area.

Would we stay there again.. sure

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
reneesample, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for the much appreciate good review. We look forward to your next visit. Renee

There are newer reviews for Wingate By Wyndham Champaign

Reviewed September 5, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

A Wyndham traveler
Naperville
Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Since May 2013, every month I frequented this hotel for work. On my last stay, it started out on the wrong foot even before I arrived. I left work late at 8pm en route to Champaign and checked my voice messages. At 6:14 PM, the Wyndham-Champaign clerk left a message saying it was past 6 PM and I had not checked-in. He further said, unless I call by 6:30 PM, he would release my reservation.

I returned the call at 8 PM only to be fed some line about not having a guaranteed room and their policy for a 6 PM check-in. I informed him I reserved the room via Wyndham’s website and used my credit card. He continued talking jargon about a 6 PM check-in policy. Fortunately, he didn’t cancel my reservations.

I arrived around mid-night exhausted. I asked the clerk to further clarify the earlier call. He said he wasn’t aware of it, didn’t see a note and it a different clerk left the message. He gave me my room keys and directed me to the backside of the hotel for parking and entry to my room. When I entered the back door, I began looking for room number 166 the clerk wrote on the card holder. I couldn’t find it, went to the front desk but he wasn’t there. I eventually found him in the maintenance closet. He said he meant to write 106.

So I proceeded to my room only to discover it was an Accessible room. I went back to the front desk informing the clerk I specifically requested a King bedroom. According to the web selection and email confirmation it says, “1 King Bed Room No smoking; 1 King Bed Non-Smoking Business Class Room …” as compared to selecting an “Accessible 1 King Bed…” He said he wasn’t familiar with that web option nor did I enter a specific request not to have an Accessible room. He then informed me they were overbooked and this was the only room.

I returned to the room to freshen up only to discover multiple towels with red make-up and black eye-liner marks. I threw both on the floor grabbing another which appeared clean. The next morning I left the room with one more night stay remaining. Upon my return, the same two towels with makeup were still on the floor.

Maybe this bad stay was a one-off. I will stay at this hotel again but skeptical.

Room Tip: Confirm your reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest.

I am very glad you recognize sometimes we all have "off" days. PLEASE give us another chance to serve you up to your expectations. Thank you. Renee

Reviewed August 28, 2013