“You must stay here when in Champaign!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Champaign
The Avenue Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Champaign B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This B&B is definitely the only place to stay in Champaign, IL. The hosts, Paul and Catherine, are lovely, generous people who obviously enjoy their work. I asked for a low carb menu and an early breakfast (my meeting started at 8 a.m.) and they accomodated me in style. The crustless quiche was wonderful, and accompanied by the best fruit plate I have ever eaten (pineapple, blueberries, plums and white peaches!). They grow their own herbs and vegetables, and use local suppliers for as much as possible, and the freshness is reflected in the wonderful tastes and aromas. I can also second the previous reviewer concerning the bacon! I had the Maid's room for 2 nights, and it was very comfortable, well-decorated and very quiet. I got a chance to look at the other rooms, and will definitely be going back for a romantic weekend with my husband in the Queen's room! What a tub! I was tempted to keep this gem to myself, but these hosts deserve to enjoy every success, and I hope they remain open for a long, long time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank HomebodyMI
There are newer reviews for The Avenue Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed October 21, 2008

We have discovered paradise in Urbana-Champaign... I was ready to give up on B&Bs from my last experience in Virginia, but decided to give it one more try.
My wife booked The Avenue so we could enjoy her alma mater's homecoming (U of I, Urbana-Champagne) and have a nice weekend away. It exceeded all expectations!!
Catherine and Paul have done an absolutely incredible job of creating one of the most cozy, friendly, tasty, relaxing refuges I have ever experienced. From our Friday afternoon check-in to our Monday morning departure absolutely everything was perfect.
Paul and Catherine are extremely enjoyable to talk with and absolutely understand customer service and how to make guests feel at home. Each morning Catherine made a spectacular breakfast, including unbelievable fresh fruit, the best bacon I've ever had (and it's from a local farm), banana and ricotta cheese pancakes (I inhaled all I could and there were plenty more left), and a variety of dishes made with eggs (also locally acquired). Sunday brunch was quite simply - WOW!!! My wife's family was also in town for the game and rather than take everyone to a restaurant, we asked Paul and Catherine if they could provide brunch for four extra people. Not only did they accomodate the request with the best brunch I've ever had (not enough room to tell you about the pumpkin cheesecake and fresh whipped cream, homemade muffins and mimosas - hence the review title), it was very, very reasonably priced and WAY better than any restaurant we would have found.
Our room (Maid's room, I believe) was roomy, immaculate and extremely relaxing. The claw foot tub was a nice touch and we never heard any other guests.
Back on customer service, when we tried to coordinate all the family members getting to the university football stadium, Paul and Catherine offered to drive us to the game so we wouldn't have to find parking. They also offered to pick us up after the game with a phone call when we were ready.
I cannot say enough great things about The Avenue. Based on our experience, we have decided to make the homecoming game a regular trip and will ONLY stay at The Avenue.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank bdaneb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#3 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Drury Inn & Suites Champaign
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson

Been to The Avenue Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!