“My favorite spot in CU”

Cuisines: Cafe
Chicago, Illinois
“My favorite spot in CU”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been frequenting Cafe Kopi for over ten years and each time I'm back in town I have to stop in for a Cafe Carmel, Italian soda, or hot tea. With so many local coffee shops in Champaign-Urbana, you would think the decision would be difficult, but Cafe Kopi brings a certain charm that other cafes just don't have. It's a perfect place for studying, catching up with an old friend, or having a drink before dinner downtown. All the food options are delicious as well and I would recommend all the soups and the turkey and brie sandwich. I'm a tough critic, but I have only good things to say about Cafe Kopi!

Visited April 2013

Champaign, Illinois
“Best coffee house in town”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Fantastic coffee, great ambience, good food.
Their espresso is just right - lots of "crema", and nice bold taste.
Try their "Kopi" (a cappucino with an extra shot).
Good food too: Tuna on baby greens is excellent, as is the chicken salad on pita, and most soups.

This is just a great place to sit down, relax with friends (or a good book, or your laptop), and have some great coffee in a warm atmosphere. Not as hard to get a table since they've expanded.

This place was mentioned in a Newsweek article several years ago.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank random112358
“Great college-town coffeeshop”
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch when driving from Nashville to Madison. It was very much worth the 15 minute drive from the interstate to have interesting, quality food. Excellent coffee, sandwiches, and snacks. I'm sure I'd eat there constantly if I was a U of I student.

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Great coffee and sandwiches”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Always a fun place for lunch. Great sandwiches and lots of beverage choices. Good musci sometimes.

Visited May 2012
Champaign, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“service”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

the best in town the service is amazing i have never been treated so well and had an OWNER go out of his way for me i was asked by a man living on the streets if i could buy him a cup of coffee one day when it was bitterly cold i obliged and when i received my change which was about fifteen dollars the man stole it and ran away i was so stunned i couldn't react the staff asked if i knew the man and i said no theu replied do you want me to do anything i again said no it's fine they then later as i was sitting there reading told the owner who came out and asked me what had happened and gave me back my money

Visited April 2012