“Top notch”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Phoenix,AZ
“Top notch”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I stayed here only 1 night, but it was wonderful. I had room 432 which had a view of the Qual com building and front of hotel parking lot. The Hilton Garden and Homewood Suites were in the distance. This is a great hotel and walking distance to the Assembly Hall.
The room had a king bed,leather desk chair,club chair and ottoman,flat screen LG TV with sleep timer which I love. The room and hotel are a very modern decor.
The room comes equipped with an i home/clock radio which is very difficult to see the actual time on the clock. There are 2 robes in the closet as well as an in-room safe that accomodates a laptop. There is an iron and ironing board in the closet. There is a small refrigerator under the TV cabinet. There is complimentary high speed internet and WiFi in the room. I had no problem using the internet.
There is RUSK brand bath products that are very nice. There is a shower but no tub. A hair dryer is in the bath room.
The hotel is 100% smoke free.
Houlihans Restaurant is connected to the hotel and I ate there for dinner 1 night. It was good,service ok.
I received a coupon at check in for Starbucks for a coffee/beverage and or yogurt or pastry. This is located off the lobby on the way to Houlihans. Very nice and complimentary.
If the price is right I would stay here again without hesitation.
Parking is complimentary in the lot.
Very quiet hotel and great staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Dexter, Mi
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Our stay at the I Hotel was brief but wonderful. The rooms are quiet, the beds are very comfortable, and the decor is modern and elegant. There is much beautiful woodwork throughout. The staff members went out of their way to be helpful and informative. The landscaping is lovely. They provide a free shuttle service to anywhere on the University of Illinois campus and a room rate discount for those of us on a college visit. I highly recommend this hotel and we certainly plan to stay there again on future visits to the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank homebodyDexter_Mi
michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I had a negative experience here. I was staying with my elderly father, and there were no non-slip strips in the bathtub, nor mats. Long story short, he fell (fortunately he was ok), and so I asked for a change of room to a walk in shower. Frankly, after he fell, they should have comped us the room. We could totally sue for negligence. At any rate, the new room had a funny smell and an odd hum, which was later identified as the air conditioner of the conference center. Nothing they could do. They had no other room to change us to, and actually offered to give us a "discount" on another room! Further, the handicapped room had no place to hang clothes that were knee length (as if disabled people do not either travel with able bodied people). When I finally expressed my dismay, they gave me a discount to the hotel restaurant! (I don't live in Champaign--when am I going to use this?). The hotel staff was disingenuously nice. Yuck! I'm staying at the Hilton the next time.

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank libmank
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 14, 2009

This Hotel has to be the best Hotel Outside of Chicago by far. The rooms are large, tasteful and the hotel has the service offered by a first class big city exclusive boutique hotel with small town friendliness. The setting is peaceful, but still easy walking distance to Memorial Stadium and the Assembly Hall on the southern edge of the Illinois campus. My wife and I have stayed here twice in the last few weeks and will not consider anywhere else in Champaign-Urbana. Nothing else remotely compares. The hotel is new with a wonderful lobby, a great Starbucks as well as a nice restaurant. In addition there are multiple outdoor patios where you can either sit or eat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UIAlums
chicago
Reviewed August 10, 2009

As soon as you walk in you know you're in a special place. The lobby's pizzazz makes it a place where you want to visit, sit and chat, or read. The staff is courteous and takes time to explain things and answer your questions. The rooms are comfortable and roomy and I loved opening the drapes to enjoy the view and sunset. I like its proximity to campus and being able to walk to university functions.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank libbyChicago
Manning, Iowa
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Everything thing was top notch during our 2 night stay. Service was top priority there. Room was very spacious for 4 of us. Free bottled water by the exercise room was a nice plus. We got coupons for a drink and breakfast item which was delicous. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Nice outside courtyard to enjoy a drink also.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CathyManning_Iowa
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I had my wedding ceremony and celebrations at iHotel, and had booked my suite at same place. Everything there was perfect - from food to decoration and individual event organization. I still say to people that I had a dream wedding at iHotel. Staff there was especially very helpful and accommodating. Having a great bar and restaurant within the premises made our after-party even more fun. Food and drinks there were awesome!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agargi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area

Been to I Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!