“First Class All The Way”

I Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Madison, Wisconsin
“First Class All The Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

This Hotel has to be the best Hotel Outside of Chicago by far. The rooms are large, tasteful and the hotel has the service offered by a first class big city exclusive boutique hotel with small town friendliness. The setting is peaceful, but still easy walking distance to Memorial Stadium and the Assembly Hall on the southern edge of the Illinois campus. My wife and I have stayed here twice in the last few weeks and will not consider anywhere else in Champaign-Urbana. Nothing else remotely compares. The hotel is new with a wonderful lobby, a great Starbucks as well as a nice restaurant. In addition there are multiple outdoor patios where you can either sit or eat.

1 Thank UIAlums

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

As soon as you walk in you know you're in a special place. The lobby's pizzazz makes it a place where you want to visit, sit and chat, or read. The staff is courteous and takes time to explain things and answer your questions. The rooms are comfortable and roomy and I loved opening the drapes to enjoy the view and sunset. I like its proximity to campus and being able to walk to university functions.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank libbyChicago
Manning, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

Everything thing was top notch during our 2 night stay. Service was top priority there. Room was very spacious for 4 of us. Free bottled water by the exercise room was a nice plus. We got coupons for a drink and breakfast item which was delicous. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Nice outside courtyard to enjoy a drink also.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CathyManning_Iowa
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

I had my wedding ceremony and celebrations at iHotel, and had booked my suite at same place. Everything there was perfect - from food to decoration and individual event organization. I still say to people that I had a dream wedding at iHotel. Staff there was especially very helpful and accommodating. Having a great bar and restaurant within the premises made our after-party even more fun. Food and drinks there were awesome!!!

1 Thank agargi
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

The brand new I Hotel & Conference Center is a step above other hotels in the Champaign/Urbana area. Great location, nice rooms, very clean, and five-star service -- A+ for the total package! Rates are equal to or less than other not-as-nice hotels in the area. The attached Houlihan's restaurant is also terrific for food and service. I highly recommend the I!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband and I would highly recommend the I-Hotel. We recently had our wedding reception there and were beyond impressed with the service, value, cooperation, and hospitality we received. Even when we were not able to directly deal with the staff, we were given countless compliments by friends and family about how helpful and friendly everyone was to them. Our guest were very impressed with the elegance of our event. We were told by one family that they wished we had been the last wedding of the summer for them because our's would be hard to beat...and that is thanks to the staff at the I-Hotel and Conference Center. We would definitely recommend working with them for your events.

• Stayed June 2009
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I had a great experience staying at the I Hotel. The staff was very friendly and willing to do anything to make our stay perfect. The hotel is very modern looking. The lobby is big and clean. The guest rooms have the most comfortable beds and pillows. Each room has 2 very comfortable robes in the closets which was a very nice touch. I had a massage arranged in the hotel and it was great! I recommend using their spa service. One day I used the breakfast vouchers to get a yogurt and drink from the i cafe and the next day I took advantage of the $6 Houlihan's breakfast coupons. The food was excellent! I also really liked the free high speed internet!

The overall experience was excellent and I will never stay anywhere else when I am in Champaign! Thank you so much I Hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area

Been to I Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!