“BLOOMINGTON GOLD CORVETTE WEEKEND 6/25-6/29/2014”

I Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Bandera, Texas
“BLOOMINGTON GOLD CORVETTE WEEKEND 6/25-6/29/2014”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I and a friend stayed at the ''I'' Hotel and Conference center for the BLOOMINGTON GOLD CORVETTE Show. The hotel and center were a great facility for the event. We had room 333 which was a ADA Handicap room freshly remolded, and suited our needs well for our 4 night stay and was very comfortable.

I had to make a presenation on Friday 6- 27 at 8:30 AM and again at 1:00 PM. Stephen Thomas, the Audio Visual Technician made my presentation go off without a hitch, thanks to his knowledge of hotels fine Audio Visual equipment in the room. He should be given a ''at-a-boy medal'' for his extra effort.

ALL hotel personal, ESPECIALLY GABE, were very courteous and helpful all weekend.

The on site restaurants served good food by nice servers.

Room Tip: I thought the rate was expensive, but after 4 great days realized we got our money's worth.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Fenton, Missouri
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Loved this hotel. Very contemporary. Rooms were nice and staff was friendly. Conference rooms were great. Houlihans closes at 10pm and they do not have a hotel bar. Although, they will, for a fee shuttle you to/from the downtown restaurant area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Fort Washington
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Came to the area for a wedding with my family and was pleasantly surprised by the quality, cleanliness and updated rooms.. One of night desk folks, Gabe, was extremely helpful and patient with many of the guests from the wedding we had attended.. Good guy..
We plan on returning next summer for a visit and will certainly stay here again..

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed for one night on a college campus tour with my son. Excellent location, easy access to campus, and, free parking. Beautiful common areas and ultra-modern sophisticated lobby. Helpful, courteous front desk staff. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Quiet modern room for a cool and comfortable night's sleep. Very clean, fresh bedding. Good bathroom with fine toiletries.

Everything was great at the Hotel...except...the restaurants associated with the center. Breakfast voucher at Starbucks was a nice touch, and maybe it was just a fluke, but, my panini was tasteless and skimpy on ingredients compared to off-site Starbucks. And, the service at Houlihans, on a slow night, was so bad, we left after 20 minutes without ever having our order taken. We would definitely recommend the I Hotel, just skip the restaurants, and go into town for better dining options.

Room Tip: They probably all are fine.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hope H, Public Relations Manager at I Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Cynthia,
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear you enjoyed the I Hotel and Conference Center. Your comments regarding your service are very important to us. We want our customers to enjoy their entire stay at the I Hotel and Conference Center including our adjoining restaurant, so your report of a poor customer experience is of serious concern for us. Please let us express our deepest apologies. You deserve only the best service when you visit our property. We will review your concerns and will take appropriate actions. Upon your next visit, please ask don't hesitate to speak with the management team when we do not meet your expectations. Our goal is to always exceed your expectations, so thank you again for your feedback and safe future travels.
New Haven
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a July 4 visit with family. The hotel is modern, beautiful, and convenient. I had two nights of the best sleep I've had in months. Why? It's the little things: a great bed; good pillows and linens; AC that cools the room sufficiently and has a fan that stays ON, so you're not awoken by the thing cycling on and off; quiet; and shades that darken the room completely. Plus, it was not super expensive and our breakfast one morning was included. I recommend this place strongly and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JennyGB
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 26, 2014

...with the previous reviews--this is a wonderful oasis in the CU area. Modern design, very clean, comfortable beds. The location is nice; it was good to get away from that hotel mess north of I-74. I could see the Assembly Hall out my window and they have a green roof (LEED hotel?) There's a lovely area outside with nice patio furniture and a fountain. The fitness center had a cooler with little bottles of water. They offer 4 different newspapers in the morning, Starbucks coffee in the room, and Rusk toiletries. There are a half dozen books in the room to read,and a Wine Spectator magazine, too. The lobby has a chess set out. All these little touches add up to a superior experience.

Also, a shout out to Gabe who helped me with a room rate question, cheerfully and helpfully.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank adanna814
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times since it was built. The staff is always courteous and helpful. The rooms are always clean. There is ample parking. It has a nice fitness room for a hotel of this size. It is very close to Assembly Hall and Memorial Stadium. They provide shuttle service to campus, but it is a very nice and relatively short walk to campus so the shuttle is not really necessary.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family