“Little gem”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Maryland
“Little gem”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here on the recommendation of family who live close by who we were visiting. Chic feel when we walked in. Manager introduced himself and offered us water which we actually needed. Easy check in. Got coupons for some thing from their "I-cafe" for the morning which was nice. Room also has chic feel and was nice. Comfy bed and cool glass door for shower. We liked the room had a fridge which we needed for the infants milk. Used the gym which was basic but exactly what I needed with decent equipment. Also nice little touch having several papers available for free at front desk each day. Ate breakfast at houilhans (restaurant on site) only $8.98 on weekends and was good for what we needed. Easy check out. Great value and would definitely come back.

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I recently toured the Midwest with my son on a college tour trip. We were originally scheduled to stay in Madison, WI, but realized that our college tour for U of I was early the next morning. I jumped on my computer and found this gem of a hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by this gem of a hotel in the middle of Urbana-Champaign. It was sleek and modern. Service was excellent. They had a free shuttle to U of I which made it very convenient. If my son is lucky enough to get into U of I, this will definitely be my go to hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

When I stepped into the hotel I felt like I was in an ultra, modern hip boutique European hotel. The front desk staff was excellent. I really appreciated the bottle of water.

I stayed in Room 505. The room had a beautiful decor with attention to detail. The bathroom and the toiletries were awesome. I was tempted on impulse to buy the bedding.

I would drive from Chicago just to stay in this hotel!

Stayed October 2013
McMinnville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2013

On trip to Wisconsin I looked for very nice Hotels so my wife would be happy. On the way to I-Hotel we had to drive thru down town. Wife wondered why I booked hotel downtown, and when hotel ended up being on campus, her thoughts turned to Students staying in hotel with us. Needless to say she was giving me a hard time about my choice. Went into Hotel and she looked around but said nothing. Went into room and she said nothing. After a while, I said, "Not to bad is it?" As much as she did not want to admit it, my choice was good. Being late, we ate in the hotel which was also very nice. Overall the stay was very nice. Priced on higher side. I will say it was the best smelling hotel room I have ever stayed in. None of the musty smell you have in other Hotels. Good place to stay for special occasions!

Room Tip: I stayed on top floor - liked the view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pete S
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Arrived on a Monday afternoon with teenager and small dog. Purpose of trip was tour of University of Illinois next morning. Checking in at front desk was friendly, professional, and when I mentioned reason for visit they advised me that they run free shuttle service to any building at the university! We scheduled my daughter for next day... Nice not to have to deal with university traffic and finding our way. They also advised that they have a water bowl outside for dogs as they return from a walk, nice touch. Note: they also said they hardly ever get a dog staying and we haven't seen one other than ours. I mention that so you don't think there are dogs all over this hotel. Not the case. After checking in we walked late afternoon over to the university and all around. If the weather is nice this is a great option. The restaurant is attached to hotel and nice option if tired, have kids, traveling alone, or take out up to room. It was okay... service was polite but not real efficient (they messed up on order twice), food was very good but just warm, not hot. They do have a menu of glutten free options which I appreciated. Starbucks in hotel is excellent! Great service, nice breakfast options, and they do have beer and wine in bottles if doing take out in room from restaurant. They are open all day closing at 7pm. Hotel is spotlessly clean! Everywhere!!!! Bed one of the best in a hotel I have found with tons of pillows. Cheers to all staff at this hotel!!! You all "get it!"

Room Tip: Ice machine on 2nd and 4th floors. View from 3rd was nice as just top of tree with fall leaves showi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary P
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had to make a stopover on our way South and this hotel was really great.
Came late but were able to enjoy a good meal at the restaurant. Hotel is modern and has a slick look. Room was large high ceiling and modern. We loved the look. Everything nice and clean.
Beds were very comfy and we slept very well. Very quiet.
We can only recommend this place and we will be back for sure !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I quiet , nice , modern hotel. Comfortable and quiet. Nice in room amenities. Friendly staff. Very comfortable bed and I appreciated the excellent room air temp control. Steady air, no booming on/off of the ac. Bed extremely comfy. The Rusk shampoo/soap/ cream a pleasure. Not expecting such a nice pace in the cornfields.... Worthy of any traveler with first class expectation. Free newspapers (WSJ, NYTime, Financial Time, Chicago Trib, and local papers) a real pleasure. Wifi pretty goid

Room Tip: No view in second floor but the ac on the roof, but nice anyway
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area

Been to I Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!