“Very pleasant surprise”

I Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent the weekend in Champaign to attend a wedding and the bride and groom recommended the I-Hotel for our stay. We loved it. We called them shortly before our planned stay to add a day and they were great about accommodating us for a day earlier than originally planned. They have an agreement with the university to use their workout - pool facility. They even offer a shuttle even though it is a short walk away. The university was extraordinary. My fiance' enjoyed the equipment while I luxuriated in their olympic pool. The hotel offered shuttles to the reception location and back to the hotel. They gave us coupons to enjoy coffee and breakfast item in their coffee shop (very nice thing to do) and Houlihans restaurant was attached to the hotel. They didnt have chicken salad on the menu, so the waiter sent the chef out to ask me how I would like him to make it for me and it was DELICIOUS. I enjoyed eating it in their outside garden. The whole experience: hotel and Houlihans was perfect!

Room Tip: Our room was very nice. Make sure you take advantage of university workout facility. it was well w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Really great stay. The amenities of a boutique hotel. Lots of places to lounge in the lobby, work out or get a latte at the in-house coffee cafe. My room was very clean bedding and linens of high quality. Nice modern decor and super service from staff. Definitely recommend

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Upon arrival I was promptly greeted and checked in. The lobby was very serene and chill, not chaotic as some can be. The room was nicely appointed, quiet, clean and relaxing. Size wise it was rather spacious with plenty of room to spread out, a space to work and the bed was comfy.
I did find the bathrooms slightly odd, the walk in shower was fine but the fiberglass base of the shower seemed somewhat cheap and springy considering the details that went into the rest of the room. The amenities of rather large shampoo/conditioner/body wash and lotion was a nice upgrade from other hotels. A coffee maker with plenty of supplies was nice as well as receiving a coupon for free drink of choice and food item at the Starbuck's downstairs was a pleasant surprise. There is an adjacent restaurant with outdoor patios in addition to the Starbucks café, which is convenient. The hotel which hosts conferences has outdoor space as well, a couple patios with water features, with places to sit made the stay more enjoyable.
There are no other accommodations in the 'Champana' area that are as near as nice. Not really sure why, considering this is a Big 10 school. I would have thought there would be more choices of higher end lodging.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadWarriorInHeels
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is a cut above; attention to detail is evident everywhere. The room was spacious, comfortable and quiet. Loved the natural touches in a modern setting. The Starbucks coffee shop in the lobby was a plus and we each received a voucher good for coffee and pastry for breakfast. Would stay there again, for sure!!

Room Tip: We had a king side room that we booked on a last minute stay price. There was even an IPod docking...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I visit the Champaign-Urbana area four to six times a year for work. This is the first time I tried the I Hotel, and I will definitely be back. The rooms are large, spacious and clean with good work space and nice bathrooms. The bed was very comfortable too. I really appreciated the bottle of water at check in and the breakfast amenities too. If you need to be on the U of I campus, this is a great location for you and if you are just passing through, its worth the extra miles off of I-74 to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We attended a wedding reception at this hotel so booked a room to stay overnight. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very comfortable. We slept amazingly well on the super comfortable bed. There isn't a bath tub in the room, but that's OK as we prefer taking showers over baths anyway. A small breakfast was included, which was 1 breakfast item and 1 drink from the Starbucks cafe. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel that serves breakfast and they are not incredibly overpriced, so an alternative option would be to eat there. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Clean neat and spacious rooms and excellent bath rooms
Excellent breakfast
Value for money
Very courteous staff
Restaurant / Coffee shop also pretty good ...
Good bar also .....
ideal location for parents who are visiting their kids in UIUS

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Drury Inn & Suites Champaign
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area

Been to I Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!