“Another perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Champaign
Dearborn, Michigan
“Another perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stay here whenever we visit family in champaign. It's always seems so fresh, bright and relaxing! Great staff, very helpful. One of my favorite hotels. Nice modern rooms, comfortable beds. Large attractive lobby area. Great bloody Mary's at the bar

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Beltsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Appears to be relatively new, so everything's in good shape with modern, up to date furnishings. Single king rooms are very big, with a large desk area for working, large bathroom with a large walk-in shower, big thick bath towels, mini-fridge, in-room coffee maker (available for the asking at the front desk) and an in-room safe. Wireless and wired internet are free, but not real speedy. Front desk staff is friendly and very helpful. Continental breakfast is free at the I Cafe in the lobby, or 50% off prices for a full breakfast at the adjoining Houlihan's restaurant. Free van shuttle to and from the airport. Really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,216 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the I Hotel on the University of Illinois campus in each of the last two years while attending the induction ceremony for the Illinois High School Basketball Hall of Fame and Museum, which is based in Pinckneyville. What a wonderful experience. I mean, you don't usually rave about one-night stays at motels or hotels while traveling from here to there, do you? But the I Hotel, which wasn't a thought in anybody's mind when I was an Illini student from 1958 to 1962, is a truly enjoyable place to stay while attending Illinois football or basketball games in nearby Memorial Stadium or Assembly Hall or a banquet in the hotel's spacious ballroom or an event anywhere on the campus. Great accommodations, great food, great service, all within walking distance to any event on the campus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

It is often difficult to get a room in Champaign in the fall without planning well in advance. I was pleased that a block of rooms was reserved for our Alumni reunion for only $125 per night. The lobby and check-in process was very nice. The room was nicely appointed but the gap under the door was rather wide and let in light from the hallway. This was distracting when we were trying to get to sleep. The walls are paper thin and we had a noisy neighbor. The breakfast vouchers were a pleasant surprise until we waited a ridiculous amount of time for a very sad breakfast. The voucher is good for 50% off at the Houlihan's or a pastry and coffee from the coffee bar. I would try the coffee bar next time. The drink specials at the Houlihan's were very good.

Overall, it is clean, modern and close to campus. I needed Tylenol and was shocked there wasn't a gift/sundry shop. There was a refrigerator in the room but no mini-bar which was disappointing because again there was no store to grab a candy bar or soda if the coffee bar was closed.

We attended a catered breakfast and the food was really ordinary. Coming from Chicago I have to lower my standards when we visit Champaign but this is a pretty good option for accommodations just don't eat here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

From friendliness to accommodations to price, this is my favorite hotel. If you need to visit The University of Illinois or Urbana Champaign, for any reason, this is the place to stay. I've stayed here several times. Even the staff at Houlihans goes above & beyond in terms of service.

Stayed October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had car trouble on a Sunday morning and booked a room at iHotel planning to find someone on Monday to fix my car. The hotel manager called a nearby mechanic who talked to me on the phone. One of the hotel employees then took my car to the mechanic (for me) who fixed it on a Sunday afternoon for free! (It just needed more oil - what do I know.) I was so surprised and pleased. That hotel will always be my first choice.

I’ve stayed there three times. Their people have always been smiling and helpful, including their shuttle services. The rooms have always been clean and plush.

Room Tip: All rooms have been good for me.