“You will not regret eating here!”

Dos Reales Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 333 Restaurants in Champaign
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a great choice if you like good mexican cuisine. The service is outstanding at an unbeatable price. Do not let the full parking lot scare you away, because it is unbelievable how fast and attentive their service can be.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The restaurant has good menu of food and I would say close to authentic. The problems I had during my visit were that it took a long time to be seated ( there was plenty of room), the servers never introduced themselves, the ambience was not very enjoyable because the staff appear to be running up and down and the bus boy almost hit me with his bucket full of dirty dishes. We were served a basket of chips with two kind of tomato sauce, one plain and the other with onions cilantro and just a little spice. I guess they don't have lime juice, garlic and salt. The food was average, the beef was dried and overcooked, the chicken was also dried and on the thin side. They serve plenty of pork flavored beans, rice and lettuce to fill the dish. I have had real Mexican food and they come close but not enough for my taste. It is obvious that they cater to the American taste of food with no spice, lime or salt. The could really do well if they did not have such a large menu and concentrated and making the meats appetizing. On the other hand the horchata was good, they served the food within ten minutes of ordering, and the prices were average. They waitress did check once to see if we were happy and then she got busy trying to get all the things that we needed to improve our meal. We did have to ask for more water and attention from other servers because our waitress got busy somewhere else. All in all we enjoyed the evening but the restaurant could use some music and a bit of training on their staff.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We eat here almost weekly -- great chicken enchiladas, chicken quesadillas, or Numero Cinco. Staff are great. And I can understand almost all of them (adds to the atmosphere)!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you're looking for a place to get consistently good, fast, and well-priced Mexican food in CU, this is the place to go. You get tons of food with most of the meals and the prices are great!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am new to town from Phoenix and I was looking for a good mexican place to remind me of the southwest. The service was goof though maybe a little slow. The food was fantastic especially the cheese dip and salsa. They are very afforable and you get so much food. We will def be back often