“Great quick stop.”

Cave-in-Rock State Park
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was the last stop on our list. The cave was huge and you could walk all the way in. There is also a walkway with stairs that you can use to go to a lookout. The only disappointment was that it was a Sunday in April and there was nothing open in the town so we could not get gas or food we had to travel another 45 minutes for those items.

1  Thank Bellnallie0408

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Don't expect to spend more than 30 minutes here. Although the cave is a sight to see, that's about it. I was sad to see it covered in graffiti. Fun and easy to navigate for kids. Otherwise the area is desolate. We also took the ferry across to KY, but nothing but corn and cows. Afterwards we did Garden of the Gods & Rim Rock which I highly recommend!

1  Thank GoingNewPlaces
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you come from the Kentucky side, you can ride the ferry, which is fun for the kids. Tell them the history of the cave, what kid doesn't like hearing about pirates and bandits! Fun climbing for kids but not hard for adults. Cave just deep enough to be cool and scary but can't get lost. Right on the river. My kids liked skipping rocks. Nice park to bring a lunch to. Try to make it there every time I'm in Kentucky. I loved it when I was a kid and and my children love it. And its free! Hate graffi!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is an unique landmark if you get a chance to look into the history of the cave, and the drop hole.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's a great place to spend a day, and we were in Marion, KY, so we took the ferry across into IL to Cave-in-Rock.