All reviews average continental breakfast room was clean quiet location non smoking room would stay here again nice stay free breakfast motel illinois interstate
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stopped at the Comfort Inn in Casey on our way back from moving our oldest child to her dorm for the start of freshman year at a local college. We just happened upon them seeing a sign at the exit and decided to give them a try. The hotel is obviously a little old and worn but the price was fair and our room was clean and comfortable. Check in was a breeze and the young man working the desk even helped us make reservations at another hotel for our trip home the next day. When we arrived everything was quiet but as I was coming back to the room from using their vending machines I see multiple people up at the desk yelling and cursing at the man working. I didn't stop to listen and returned to the room. A bit later my husband went down to make some popcorn in the lobby's microwave and returned saying it look like the same people were down there again yelling and cursing up a storm. He said the gentleman that checked us in was being screamed at and was having hateful things said to him as the cops were out talking to what appeared to be other members of their party. My husband said that once they went outside he approached the desk clerk and asked what the problem was. He told him that a member of the party return to the hotel and set a beer on a table in the lobby where children had just been playing and when asking him not to do that in the future the man and his family proceeded to verbally attack him. From what we both saw the young man was not being hostile back but they were being extremely rude and screaming profanity. As a mother of 4 and having our 2 youngest with us in the hotel, I was very appreciative that someone was looking out for the well being of children and the peace of mind of other guests. My husband was appalled by the behavior and amount of disrespect for the clerk and other guests that this group showed. He heard them say they were going to make trouble for the hotel and staff and I wanted to make sure and give some perspective from a sane onlooker and thank the staff for the way they not only handled us but the affairs of their business. After a bit of searching, Trip Advisor really seemed to be the only outlet to comment about them, and I see what looks to be a new review from someone that had been involved saying HORRIBLE. In the end it made me feel secure knowing they cared about what could happen to others and that's whats important to us. At check-out this morning the staff was again kind and friendly and the breakfast was pretty good having waffles and sausage links(yum!). We're currently at the hotel he helped us book and we had another easy check-in and the room he helped get us is perfect. Both of us appreciate everything they did and the way the young man kept his cool when many others wouldn't, shows a lot about the staff. We'll be staying with them when we return to visit our daughter on parent's weekend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Arleth61
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family has a reunion in Casey every year because it is a halfway point between the cities most of our family lives in.Every year we check out about 15 rooms in the hotel for all of us.This year, after coming back to the hotel from the reunion,my stepfather tried to put his drink can in the trash can outside.The night clerk was cleaning out the trash and told us to put it in the trash can inside.When we walked into the lobby we saw no trash can so my stepfather left it on one of the tables.Later on that night we decided to get ice cream and as we passed the front desk the same night clerk started reprimanding my stepfather for leaving the can on the table.He was young and very disrespectful,and my stepfather told him he didn't appreciate being spoke to that way.The man then told us that we needed to leave the hotel.After an hour of trying to call a manager my mother went in to speak to the man.He was very rude and again told us again we needed to leave.We left.Needless to say my family will no longer be staying in that hotel or have the family reunion in Casey ever again.

Room Tip: Just don't go to the hotel wish I could give it a negative rating
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Yes this is a little older hotel and it is tucked behind a empty fast food place but it was clean and that at the end of the day is what I care about.

Breakfast was usual comfort fare. Only thing is there is no elevator. Which is fine but could b a issue for someone not able to take stairs. The pool was actually nice size. Plenty of parking. And it was really quiet. I actually stayed here again when driving back home from Missouri and again found the room to be clean .

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ohiojo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Casey, IL is conveniently located, the staff is very helpful and accommodating. The room very clean with a flat screen TV, refrig, microwave & coffeemaker. Comfy beds with lots of pillows. Free breakfast (fresh fruit/waffles/cereal/pastries/yogurt/sausage). Outdoor pool clean & provided towels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patti B
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Upon check-out, an employee made a mistake with our payment. No apology, just an "it's too late." Then when asked to make it right, she started cussing and yelling--telling us she is overworked and is allowed to make mistakes. She said her mom and step-dad run the hotel, so she doesn't care if we complain. It was HORRIBLE. I have never been treated like that in my entire life. I wondered if she was on drugs or something to have a complete and total melt-down over such a simple issue. We were nothing but kind to her, and she only yelled louder until finally we left, afraid for the language she was using in front of our children. We immediately called corporate.

Room Tip: Be weary of employees who are high!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family