Greenup Inn(Greenup)
$106
$98
HIExpress.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsaverage continental breakfastroom was cleanquiet locationnon smoking roomwould stay here againnice stayfree breakfastmotelillinoisinterstate
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family has a reunion in Casey every year because it is a halfway point between the cities most of our family lives in.Every year we check out about 15 rooms in the hotel for all of us.This year, after coming back to the hotel from the reunion,my stepfather tried to put his drink can in the trash can outside.The night clerk was cleaning out the trash and told us to put it in the trash can inside.When we walked into the lobby we saw no trash can so my stepfather left it on one of the tables.Later on that night we decided to get ice cream and as we passed the front desk the same night clerk started reprimanding my stepfather for leaving the can on the table.He was young and very disrespectful,and my stepfather told him he didn't appreciate being spoke to that way.The man then told us that we needed to leave the hotel.After an hour of trying to call a manager my mother went in to speak to the man.He was very rude and again told us again we needed to leave.We left.Needless to say my family will no longer be staying in that hotel or have the family reunion in Casey ever again.

Room Tip: Just don't go to the hotel wish I could give it a negative rating
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Yes this is a little older hotel and it is tucked behind a empty fast food place but it was clean and that at the end of the day is what I care about.

Breakfast was usual comfort fare. Only thing is there is no elevator. Which is fine but could b a issue for someone not able to take stairs. The pool was actually nice size. Plenty of parking. And it was really quiet. I actually stayed here again when driving back home from Missouri and again found the room to be clean .

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ohiojo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Casey, IL is conveniently located, the staff is very helpful and accommodating. The room very clean with a flat screen TV, refrig, microwave & coffeemaker. Comfy beds with lots of pillows. Free breakfast (fresh fruit/waffles/cereal/pastries/yogurt/sausage). Outdoor pool clean & provided towels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patti B
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Upon check-out, an employee made a mistake with our payment. No apology, just an "it's too late." Then when asked to make it right, she started cussing and yelling--telling us she is overworked and is allowed to make mistakes. She said her mom and step-dad run the hotel, so she doesn't care if we complain. It was HORRIBLE. I have never been treated like that in my entire life. I wondered if she was on drugs or something to have a complete and total melt-down over such a simple issue. We were nothing but kind to her, and she only yelled louder until finally we left, afraid for the language she was using in front of our children. We immediately called corporate.

Room Tip: Be weary of employees who are high!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth H
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is old, you got to keep this in mind when stopping here. The beds, bathroom, carpet everything is old. But for Casey it is not too bad. The breakfast is the best thing the hotel has going for it. We enjoyed that, typical breakfast but care was taken to make sure everything was fresh and stocked. We stayed one night here, the internet was fast, but the tv was limited in channels and there was no guide to help you get to your favorite channels faster we had to ask in the lobby for cartoon channels for our daughter and even then just ended up flipping through them. Would I stay here again, probably, the only other thing was the double beds seemed smaller than usual, maybe because they were older, I don't know.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business