“Average restaurant, not so average price”
Review of Walker's Bluff

Walker's Bluff
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Carterville
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Outstanding 5 star restaurant located just minutes north of Carbondale at the new Walker's Bluff Winery. This is now the finest restaurant in Southern Illinois!
Marion, Illinois
“Average restaurant, not so average price”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I ate here for Valentine's Day and were disappointed. They featured a fixed price menu, which was fine, however service was very slow despite this. When the kitchen is only offering a few items, there should not be any issues with the food. The proteins (fish, steak) were nothing special, and my baked potato was undercooked and cold.

I was informed that they were "busy" when I made the reservation, however it did not seem like every couple in So. Ill was rushing to Walker's for their V-Day dinner.

The reason they earned an average rating is because we have had several enjoyable wine tasting experiences at Walker's Bluff. The one dining experience was not so enjoyable.

• Visited February 2013

Herrin, IL
“Legends Restaurant at Walker's Bluff”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Legends Restaurant at Walker's Bluff is located in the countryside at a beautiful winery in Southern Illinois. The food is outstanding and the atmosphere is breathtaking! Since it is
not an inexpensive place to dine, my husband and I save it for special occasions. They also
decorate it beautifully at Christmastime, so it's a special treat to go there around the holidays.
Also, they host concerts on the beautiful grounds periodically, so if you're ever in the area, there is nothing even comparable!

• Visited December 2012
Carbondale, Illinois
“Fantastic Dinner!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had Brandon on June 14th, 2013 at 6.28pm.. He knows how to serve a full course meal in a 5 star fine dinning restaurant such as this... Walkers Bluff is Elegant, Service was Impeccable, Steaks are cooked to Perfection! Oh lets not forget the outstanding Chocolate cake which was Divine.. Best Meal I have ever had!! This is not a place you go to unless you have couth... The Legends Rivals all Fine Dining Restaurants I have been to throughout the Midwest, Arizona and Las Vegas!! All this for a Very Reasonable price... You want McDonalds, Applebees, or Newells this is not the place you go to... Yes this place you should be appropriately dressed for!!!

• Visited June 2013
Illinois
“Not as nice as we expected”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant was not as nice as we expected for the hype it has been given. The food was just average. We had prime rib and it was nothing special. It actually just looked like a slice of beef--not at all like other prime rib we have eaten. A half of a baked potato (twice-baked) and a few pieces of asparagus. Drinks and a dessert buffet were included in the price (Sunday brunch $18). The glass of soda was small and was only refilled once. The dessert buffet had just a few items on it--mini cupcakes, fudge balls, cinnamon rolls, fruit platter, and one or two other items. They did not keep it stocked either. We noticed one group went up and came back empty handed because it had not been replenished. I know that most people go for the wine but the rest should be good too. Also, the menu did not have prices listed. We asked about that and were told that we had a misprinted menu and then were given a new one with prices. However, after talking with others who have visited, we found they had the exact same experience! We definitely will not be going back.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank 1966Airstream
Kankakee, Illinois
“Impeccable Service! Outstanding Cuisine!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I went for a romantic dinner on a Saturday evening. Reservations are accepted. Dress attire seems preferred, but there were also people in jeans and casual wear. The food was outstanding and I could have eaten a bucket of the seafood soup and warm rolls. The wine menu was good and they will start selling their own wine very soon. Chef Dana came out to greet our table. He did an excellent job of creating one of the specials which was a Chilean sea bass with a swiss chard, raisin, and pine nut accompaniment. They also had a beautiful outdoor grounds that I can't wait to enjoy when it's a bit warmer!

• Visited March 2013